Buffalo Sabres games in Erie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Had to resurrect this 2 year old thread because for some reason I cannot find a good answer with about 2 hours worth of google search. My situation is that I am in Erie Pa. I would like to know if it is possible to watch the Sabres in HD in Erie. When I go to the Directv site and punch in my zip code at the "local regional sports network information" page it informs me that Root Sports Pittsburgh is HD and Sports Time Ohio is HD but it there is no HD indication next to MSG. I have had Dish for the last 6 years but have got fed up with no MSG resolution being a big Sabres fan I decided sign up for Direct today. They are installing on Friday and I'd like to know if I'll be able to see the game in HD.

If it shows that you will get the Sabres games yes they're in HD.
638 in SD
638-1 in HD

Because the Sabres feed of MSG is part time (only for games) in the guide you'll see 638 and 638-1. The -1 is the HD channel

whats the old saying you can blab a billion words and still not be understood but a picture solves the problem :)

Friday's guide

also Sabres games are ALWAYS on 638 (SD) and 638-1 (HD). 636 & 637 are for the other MSG/MSG+ overflow games

Attachments

• PICT0097.JPG
    PICT0097.JPG
    875.1 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for quick reply Iceberg, you are the man when it comes to answering this stuff. I had figured the games were in HD, but when I did that zip code search it sort of scared the crap out of me because there is no mention of HD for msg just the other two. And I am specifically switching to Direct for HD Sabres games. That is virtually the only reason I am switching.

yup you'll be fine. Sometimes when dealing with the "part time" RSN's the site forgets to add the HD. But be assured its there.

Now the only thing I don't know if you'll get is the actual MSG Network (634) and have all the pro sports on there blacked out. You may only get 638 & 638-1 for the Sabres games (along with Root Pittsburgh)....Sportstime Ohio requires Choice Xtra or above and since they were recently sold to FS Ohio its all up in the air ;)

Well thats a drawback I guess. Being a big Indians fan I assumed sto would be included in the choice package. I guess when the season rolls around in a couple months I'll have to be upping to the xtra.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts