Bug in 942 timers?

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Haven't used my 942 much since getting the 622, but earlier I was sitting in the room I moved the 942 to. I have a timer to record all new episodes of Monk on USA and when I looked over the recorded events, I saw three recordings in a row for Monk. When I viewed each one, they turned out to be the exact same episode, just from different times and dates. How is this possible? While I didn't see it being flagged as new on the info screen, shouldn't the unit have skipped the two after recording the first? I know on the 622 it will not record and note that the show already exsist on the DVR.

Anyway, not a big issue.... And odd one, though. :)

About 2 weeks ago our 942 started taping a lot of shows as if they are new, but they aren't. Even though we have set the timers to record only new shows, it is taping every show. It has gotten so bad that we have removed timers, and are taping on the 622 instead. It has also dropped some "once" timers. I am glad to hear that someone else is having this problem, because I thought I was the only one.

I wouldn't blame the 942 entirely, I'd also blame the EPG programmers. I've noticed some errors in the EPG lately.

I don't know if this is related but I have set my 942 to record Eureka and it recorded it in like 3 or 4 different segments.

I suppose it could have been sat drop outs but usually when those happen I just get a message that says part of the recorded program has been lost.

Never thought about the EPG as my 622 has yet fallen victim to any errors in the EPG (knock on wood). :p I find your thought much more plausible than problem with the unit's software. Now if I could only get the original air date info on my 622. :(

Never had an issue with a single recording coming out in multiple entries. Signal loss has always caused it to skip it and display an info box during playback. I am glad I don't have the same issue. I hope any info/resolution had is posted here (just in case there are others with the problem and those that thrive on knowing all there is to know). :)

Okay, forgive me for not quoting and addressing those that replied. I am operating on 1 hr sleep and luck to find the home row on the keyboard. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts