Bug in version 7.2x, (anyone else?)

I am on the 3rd unit, 1st unit with 6.2 SW just failed video out when I turned on the Sony HDTV.(15-20%) Replaced unit, unit would freeze screens simular to above descriptions. Replaced with 3rd unit today in the morning, came home this evening and found the system video frozen, audio and menu worked but could not select anything. Only way to resolve is hard boot(pull plug).
Is there a soft boot procedure that may help until these issues are solved?
Also, has anyone determined if the problem may be related to the DVI connection to the HDTV vs. componant out?
Running DVI to HDTV Sony, also composite video out to VCR, & RF out to other TV's.
Have systematically elimimanated all outputs except for the DVI output to the Sony.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Me too

Ever since the update every time I come home from work my STB is frozen. I have to reboot and it works fine after that. Same symptoms, the surf bar shows the channel change but the sound is gone and picture frozen.

This is why I can't see having Voom as my sole satellite provider yet. It takes a good 2 minutes to reboot. Not a big deal unless its the 4th quarter and you have the guys over to watch the game :no

After the Super Bowl I'm either getting rid of E* or Voom, I'm pullin for Voom to have stable Software and a DVR by then.
If not I'll have to say goodbye :(

I have had the problem with the banner changing but the channel doesn't actually change. I have been able to switch back and then continue with what I am doing. Here recently though I have been seeing more of changing channels the channel changes and the banner changes but then won't drop off the screen and locks up the receiver. I do a soft boot to fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)