Bug Report (perhaps) : Planar 4:2:2 YUV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rzg00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
California
Don't know if this is a bug or just the way things work:
A 4:2:2 feed (CBS distribution(?)) on G19C instead of displaying something like "incompatible codec" shows pixelated rubbish on my old TV (via the AV connection, not HDMI) . A recording plays just fine on my PC with VLC (though the show was rubbish :mad:)

This receiver is not intended to do 4:2:2. So what you saw was normal. However as you have figured out you can record the feed and it will play back on PC if you have the proper codec.

Yes, and VLC has internally all the codecs you are likely to need.
Do NOT install any yourself.

By the way, VLC internal codecs are not available to other applications.
Same is true for VRD video editor: all are internal only.

posted from iPhone 4

I'm aware it doesn't play 4:2:2 - I just thought that it might be a little more friendly when it couldn't!

Well, you got a "like" from SatAV, so maybe they'll look at fixing it as time permits.
Cosmetic items would probably come after the more serious ones. :)

And if it cursed at me, I'd buy three, just for the novelty! - ;)

Posted from iPhone 4

I actually like boxes that show a jumbled screen for 4:2:2 signals, as it shows that they're still receiving the channel. The ones that just show a blank screen or a message that it's not a compatible format, I always wonder if they'll still record it if I try, or if they gave up.

I agree and want to see what's there anyway, just like the channels that scan in as scrambled but are FTA. Now that I finally have a receiver that can truly blind scan, it put the fun back into this hobby.

If we masked the video and displayed a warning prompt such as "Incompatible Signal Type", this action would prevent the ability to record the channel.

We feel that it is more important to allow the microHD to record non compliant signals on the DVR than to prevent recording while displaying a message.

sounds good. I remember the Coolsat 8000 popping up a "no audio" pop-up sometimes which would ruin trying to record it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts