Building an external polorizer control

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Repeat after me, Fizzle "...LNBF....LNBF....LNBF....." and I promise, it'll change polarity through the coax! :D:up

i wonder if they ever made a polorator that used an coax input to change polarity? if so i want one, just put it where the old one was, run a wire to the dish from it, and then from it to the receiver, then the voltages changes polarity, did they ever make such a thing

Did you read Equant's thread?

no i know they make a polorizer you can run an coax through, but did they make one that would bolt in place on the polorator??

just put it where the old one was, run a wire to the dish from it, and then from it

Do you mean an lnbf that will bolt into your existing scalar ring? I would think so, but I don't own one. If you get an lnbf that has its own scalar ring attached, just take the old feedhorn/lnb off your dish and bolt the new one on. No more polarity motor to bother with.

no no no. The standard lnbf has a blue box on the back, called a polorator, that moves the antenna element. It feeds 3 wires.

Now, do they make a polorator, that instead of using those 3 wires, has an input and output for the lnb coax?

AFAIK, there was never a device built that replaced the common mechanical servo mechanism with one that took any form of 13/18 volt control and physically drove the element. Polarotor servos are legacy devices from an analog era. The 'transitional' generation of IRDs, the ubiqutious 4DTV, was the digital stepping stone to the new era. The 1st gen Pansats, and possibly some others were the only digital (DVB) units that supported servos and all 2nd gen and beyond are designed for the 'new tech' LNBF feed assy. Servo's for polar control, like analog video, LPs and a few other of my favorite things (including myself!) are of the dinosaur era. I think is is a mistake to abandon the versatility of a continously adjustable polarotor assy, but then again my definition of 'good enough' is frequently different from most other's.
As has been pointed out, you can build such a device, if you choose, and that would certainly resolve issues you may be having, but many are quite satisfied opting to 'upgrade' to the newer tech LNBF that is already 'coax compatable' with a 13/18 v switching scheme.
The choice is pretty straightfoward.

Get this stacked C-Band LNBF, run a single coaxial cable out to your BUD (well, you'll still need to run power for the actuator, but...) and call it a day.

You will need some rudimentary math skills to find your horizontal transponders, or a blind scan-capable receiver. No problems.

Get this stacked C-Band LNBF, run a single coaxial cable out to your BUD (well, you'll still need to run power for the actuator, but...) and call it a day.

You will need some rudimentary math skills to find your horizontal transponders, or a blind scan-capable receiver. No problems.
Quality RG6 and well installed F connector a must as well, but that should be a given in any dish installation.....should be........

just set the LNB LO to 5750. Some receivers have that option
5150/5750

Get this stacked C-Band LNBF....
Math skills? He better go with blind scan or it's vertical only, I'm sure!
-Fizzle, just get an LNBF and be done with it.
Oh, wait... it's FIZZLE, he's NEVER done! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)