Built in switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Abby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Sorry to be posting on subjects that seem to repeat themselves. I am trying to learn as much as possible. Here is a question. Can someone explain to me the built in switch I hear about on dishes. How do you check for it. Is there something you need to do to use it etc.

Thanks

Abby, The only dish that DIRECTV has with a built-in switch is the triple LNB 18"x20" phase III antenna system. The 4x4 switch is built-in to the triple LNB head.

-Robert

Thanks ok I see. Just having trouble getting anything on 119 degrees. If my 101 is pointed correctly shouldn't 119 also be there?

Ok looking at my dish I do have a spot for LNB C. I pulled of the protective plastic cover and saw 1 input. I assume that is for HDTV. So I am also assumeing perhaps my dish does have a built in switch. How does someone check for that. Is there something I need to do?

Abby,

Your dish is the Phase-II dish that only has 101 and 119. You have a spot for the Sat C kit which is 110. That dish does not have a built in multiswitch, only the Phase-III dish does.

Neutron said:
Abby,

Your dish is the Phase-II dish that only has 101 and 119. You have a spot for the Sat C kit which is 110. That dish does not have a built in multiswitch, only the Phase-III dish does.
It does not have built in switch but a 4x4 should be bolted to the back. :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)