Bullseye II Dual C-Band and Dual Ku on the way

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I found a used Bullseye II Feed-horn for a very reasonable price, and it is now on it's way. Will take a week or more to get here coming from Canada, and I didn't want to pay more than I already am for shipping. :eek:

I went down to Skywalker this afternoon and told my buddy what I was going to do and I told him about Labgate's Thread and the need for a powered multi-switch plus a power inserter for the 13V side.

He sold me what the picture shows. I think it is more or less a powered multi-switch, but I have included the instructions, and a picture of how he told me it should be hooked up.

I checked the 13V and 18V input sides, and they do produce 13 and 18 volts respectively. I thought the whole point of the power inserter was to get the voltage on the 13V side up to above 15 volts, but what do I know.

I can take it back, but these were very cheap. I think he wanted to get them out of stock. Said they were $100.00 retail at one time.

Let me know what you think and if I should get something different?

Here are the pics.

powered-lnb-amp.jpg powered-lnb-amp-multi-switch.jpg instructions-1.jpg instructions-2.jpg

This would certainly take the strain off the Twinhan having to power the LNBS, but don't know if it is enough?

Hello

Yes it will help your twinhan card very much. it won't have to supply the current. You will get the same result as I do.

Labgate

Hello

Yes it will help your twinhan card very much. it won't have to supply the current. You will get the same result as I do.

Labgate

Thanks Labgate for responding.

Just a couple of questions, don't you have a power inserter on the 13V side of your setup?

And if so, do you think I need to get the power inserter for my 13V side for the vertical LNBs?

Thanks!

Hello

No you don't see it very well on the pictures of my web site but there is a power supply connected to the switch, it is the multiswitch that insert the power, like the one you have in you pictures.

Labgate

Cool!

Again thanks for responding.

I looked in the pictures on your site, and no I didn't see anything but the powered multi-switch. I must have gotten confused by Stefan's comment on your thread.

I hope I can get the results that I finally am trying to achieve with this setup.

Then I will be as Iceberg says, "Very Very Happy"! :)

Hello

No problem. I have been less active for the last 6 months. Winter has been very difficult and it was impossible for me to go to the dishes. Even my BUD has a broken panel.

But I still have many projects, please keep us updated.

Greetings

Labgate

Just wondering who did you buy the Channel Master switch from?

I got it from Skywalker here locally. I used to work there about 15 years ago selling computers when they sold them. They were a big dish satellite wholesaler back then, and I didn't even notice being on the computer side. :)

After I left and started my own shop, I became a computer dealer and bought a lot of computer related stuff from them for a while.

My company is still listed as a dealer on their accounting system, so I can still buy anything they have at wholesale prices, and a few of the people still work there from back in the day and we are still friends.

I am sure they have a few more. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)