BUMMER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I've had a 12ft Connerfer dish on the ground about 40 miles from me since last fall. Weather got bad then winter hit and I didn't get a chance to get back up there until today only to find BOTH those 12ft dishes GONE????:mad:

Talked to the guy that gave them to me about 3 weeks ago and told him I'd be there soon to get the one that I had taken down and he assured me that it was waiting for my return. So that's been 3 80 mile round trips to get NOTHING! Ask me how this is working out for me?? NOT TOO DAMN WELL!

DAYUMNIT, need a beer!......OR TWELVE!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

OK, I'm done!

Damn. That sucks. What did he do with it? Gave it to someone else or...:eek:....scrapped it??? :(

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Damn. That sucks. What did he do with it? Gave it to someone else or...:eek:....scrapped it??? :(

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Dunno. Haven't cooled off enough to call him yet! As I said, spoke to the owner about 3 weeks ago and all was cool. His brother lives in the house there where those dishes were and I swear I believe he sold it to someone as the other 12 footer up the street from the house that was also available is gone also! Yeah, I'm way more than pissed off about this. I mean it isn't like anyone would be beating their door down for them as they've been there since 1983?

That's a total of 240 miles for the 3 trips driving in my truck at 15 MPG only to come home empty handed! One thing for sure though. I don't just get mad, I GET EVEN and I know where the SOB lives!!!!

. I mean it isn't like anyone would be beating their door down for them as they've been there since 1983?

With the economic in the tank a lot of people around here are either collecting or stealing all types of metal. So someone could have gotten it for the scrap valve as I've picked the best that I've found and made money off the others.

You SNOOZED!
When someone gives me a dish, I take it down and gone the same day.
You let it lay there all winter, then call on it, then let another 3 weeks go bye.
Grab the next one right away, don't give us FTAers a bad rep.

not as bad, but still a p***er!

I had a brand new 8' (?) pole for a Primestar dish.. maybe 10' long...
What'd that be? 2½ inches or so?
Had it out front by the garage, far from the street.
It disappeared while I was deciding how I wanted to paint 'n cut it.
Cost me $14 or 18 , I think.
Some damned trash picker or passerby walked up my drive way, beside my house, and stole it outta MY yard!

The other dish had some damage on a couple of the panels. That was the one near the road that I didn't figure I could get down without completely horking it up so I got a feeling that the a$$hole brother gave MY dish, which was in two pieces on the ground to that guy to take two and make him one good one at MY expense. I've got the button hook here in my shop as I brought that home last fall. We tried to get the polar mount off the post back then but it was more than two of us could handle. Weather was good today so I went back today with two other friends and my stuff was gone! And here I am at 2am with a blazing case of the red ass that won't even let me sleep. Looks like it's time for some darvon!

And here's just another pisser about this deal. I just went and got the post for it two weeks ago! All dressed up and nowhere to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts