Bump up programming without commitment?

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
I've been out of contract for two years. Back in February downgraded to Welcome Pack to save some money until football season, which is almost here. I'll be calling to bump back up to Top200 with SportsPak. I just wanted to make sure I could do that without having to recommit to a contract. Also, what's the chances of getting the $15 Welcome pack again in January?

I've been out of contract for two years. Back in February downgraded to Welcome Pack to save some money until football season, which is almost here. I'll be calling to bump back up to Top200 with SportsPak. I just wanted to make sure I could do that without having to recommit to a contract. Also, what's the chances of getting the $15 Welcome pack again in January?

You can upgrade programming without any commitment

I can't say about the Welcome Pack being available come January again, but I don't see it leaving anytime soon.

D* is the one that makes you have a commitment when you change program packs.

D* is the one that makes you have a commitment when you change program packs.
Not sure about that, but they DID when you got replacement receivers. A Class Action suit threat put an end to that. D* has their own set of dirty linen...like ANYBODY else.

I heard the new customer promos starting 8/11 are reintroducing the family pack.

Never has been an upgrade fee or contract extension on dish for going with more expensive programming , but be prepared to pay a downgrade fee for going with a smaller package.

I heard the new customer promos starting 8/11 are reintroducing the family pack.

Never has been an upgrade fee or contract extension on dish for going with more expensive programming , but be prepared to pay a downgrade fee for going with a smaller package.
I thought the downgrade fee was eliminated as well, only a programming change fee if done within 30 days of the last change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)