Burn After Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Don't wast your money. Infact who do I see about getting my money back!!!
Great cast but that's all I can say!!!

I actually liked the movie quite a bit... but it is something that would only appeal to certain people and not others - a love it or hate it kind of thing.

It's a very dark comedy, sort of in the mold of Fargo...

I actually liked the movie quite a bit... but it is something that would only appeal to certain people and not others - a love it or hate it kind of thing.

It's a very dark comedy, sort of in the mold of Fargo...

thanks for clearing that up. i'm such a big dummy :smug

Don't wast your money. Infact who do I see about getting my money back!!!
Great cast but that's all I can say!!!
Well normaly it would be the movie theater you watched the show in but if you sat through more than %40 of the movie then you cant get a refund.

Well normaly it would be the movie theater you watched the show in but if you sat through more than %40 of the movie then you cant get a refund.
You ever try to get a refund? I didn't know you could.

I add this movie to the list of stupidest movies ever. In fact this maybe number 1.

Fargo (1996)
The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
Burn After Reading (2008)

Only time I got a voucher was when I went to see Batman Forever and the power was knocked out in the beginning of the movie.

Swear on the bible true story.... I was on a business trip to Atlanta (probably SuperComm) and went to see a movie in the afternoon. It was "The Matrix". There where about 10 of us in the theater.

In the nearly final scene where Neo comes back to life, and then is looking at the 3 agents in the hallway and can see the matrix code... during the part where he was looking at the code, the film got stuck and the frame on the screen burned up, rather vividly.

No lie, me and the other 9 people in the theater honestly thought it was the end of the movie, that they were leaving it unresolved. (Think Sopranos ending)

As we were getting up to leave, a ticket taker passed through the theater and gave us all free vouchers for another ticket, but didn't say a word.

It wasn't until the movie was out on DVD and I played it for my wife and kids that I realized that I hadn't seen the actual end of the movie at the theater.

Obviously ones with lots of action and no thought provoking moments.
Not.
The Usual Suspects (1995)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Fight Club (1999)

Ones they maybe beyond people who like fargo.:rolleyes:

Fargo was certainly intriguing on multiple levels. (Just watched it again on IFC this week...twice!) I'm becoming a big Coen Bros. fan, and I like several films Macy has done. (I guess he always seems like a down on his luck kinda guy, like me, and everything seems to head into the toilet.) Not that I care a rat's patooty about the Academy but didn't Fargo earn, like, 7 nominations and 2 awards? I'm curious how close it was to the real story (supposedly based on a real set of murders)?

Oops - Sorry to have Shanghai'd the thread...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts