Burn In questions (sorry if this is Off Topic)

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
Off Topic, kind of...
I have a new (as of Christmas 04) 52" Rear Projection HD set :D , and I think I might be noticing the beginnings of "burn in" :( . I realize and accept that this is not covered by warranty, but I have a couple of questions I was hoping some "more smarter" people on this forum could help me understand. :no

1 - Is the burn in happening on the screen or the lamps?
2 - If on the lamps, these are covered under warranty and can be replaced, couldn't they?
3 - If on the screen, can the screen be replaced? If so, are we talking about a cost equal to buying a new TV, or just a couple hundred, or less?
4 - Aside from the obvious answer of "don't freeze/pause images on the screen for so long", can anything be done to prevent/reduce the burn in?

I would appreciate any and all help on this...

Assuming you have a CRT-based RPTV, the answers are:
1. lamps (CRT guns, or whatever they are called) - they are rather expensive to replace!
2. Probably not. Check the manual.
3. n/a
4. Calibrate your set. Reduce the brightness and contrast levels - they might be set too high. Use stretch modes - these are all obvious answers, bun there is not much else you can do...

Good luck!

Thanks...found a local commercial A/V guy on another forum who said he would stop by and diagnos further and advise on what I can do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)