Bush will lose his Heisman, and no one else will get it

I just saw that too. I am shocked by this. I would have thought he would fight tooth and nail to keep it.

I think...and this is my opinion, with all the athletes caught doing all kinds of things than can put a black eye on his career/legacy, his team and his community/family....he might be trying to lead by example with 'hey, if you get caught, fess up....and do what is best'.

But again, just my opinion.....;)

....or....he knows and everyone else knows he was the best player in the country and does not need a statue to prove that.

or the darned thing does mean something to him but he would rather be remembered as the guy that forfeited one than the guy who had it stripped.

or the darned thing does mean something to him but he would rather be remembered as the guy that forfeited one than the guy who had it stripped.

that too! Who knows WHY he did it....but either way, it looks better that you turn yourself into the cops than have them chase you down and bang on the door!;)

Only the record would be stripped.
As the trophy itself is his property, they can't legally force him to give it back.

Personally I think he just doesn't give a damn, he's got his NFL contract which is the only reason he went to USC in the first place.

Anyway you slice it he would be remembered as the guy that had it stripped.

BTW the trophy itself is not all that great.. Heck the Stanley Cup looks downright chintzy. But I was still impressed when I gott he chance to stand next to it with my kids.

I think...and this is my opinion, with all the athletes caught doing all kinds of things than can put a black eye on his career/legacy, his team and his community/family....he might be trying to lead by example with 'hey, if you get caught, fess up....and do what is best'.

But again, just my opinion.....;)

It's never too late to right what you have wronged. Very classy move in a bad situation, and a step in the right direction. Now he should repay the people he took the money from, and then sponsor a scholarship at USC.

It's never too late to right what you have wronged. Very classy move in a bad situation, and a step in the right direction. Now he should repay the people he took the money from, and then sponsor a scholarship at USC.

That would be a great idea....and I would not be surprised if it's kept under the radar because it's NOT news worthy.

You could tell Bush was advised well, giving it back looks much better than fighting it and having it stripped from you.

As for the scholarship, every mention, likeness, etc. of RB has been removed from the university. While it's a great idea, I just don't see it happening there....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)