Business Account Doubling After only 4 Months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I switched my restaurant from Dish to Direct TV when I moved locations primarily because of the $99 a month package. After only 4 months I received a notice that on the 25th my price will more than double.
I cannot find my paperwork since I did all this while trying to move my restaurant and had a billion things going on.
Was this just an introductory offer??
Now I suppose I'm stuck in some sort of BS contract and can't go back to Dish?

I switched my restaurant from Dish to Direct TV when I moved locations primarily because of the $99 a month package. After only 4 months I received a notice that on the 25th my price will more than double.
I cannot find my paperwork since I did all this while trying to move my restaurant and had a billion things going on.
Was this just an introductory offer??
Now I suppose I'm stuck in some sort of BS contract and can't go back to Dish?

Let's see if I have this right. You run a restaurant and don't know how much you pay for something that is contract based? You presumably checked the price and thought it was a better deal than Dish. How could you not know how much it costs? How could you not know where your paperwork is? You could call Directv and ask them if your deal was just introductory. Jeez!

Wow, I tend not to pile on to "attack the OP" responses, but this one is tough to avoid. ;) A SBO should ask those types of questions.

Good luck, though. As the last poster said, you should give D* a call and see if it was just introductory. You might get a friendly CSR and get a discount for a few months or something...

Wow raoul and corpitguy, thanks for the great info. You two are all class

Wow raoul and corpitguy, thanks for the great info. You two are all class

I am sorry if I offended you Su Meri, but when you come on here acting like a fool, that is how I am going to treat you.

Give the guy a break raoul5788. He asked a simple question. Have you ever owned a business and had to move it, let alone a restaurant? I can only imagine all the details Su Meri had to deal with. How about we encourage people to have a good experience posting questions here instead of biting their heads off!

All I can say is I didn't see on the Web where D* was claiming a Price increase of Double for Bars and Resturants. Are you sure you didn't sign up for a sports pack or something?

Give the guy a break raoul5788. He asked a simple question. Have you ever owned a business and had to move it, let alone a restaurant? I can only imagine all the details Su Meri had to deal with. How about we encourage people to have a good experience posting questions here instead of biting their heads off!

I am sure running any small business is very difficult, but really, don't you think he should have a better idea of his expenses? If you look at my original post, at the end I suggested he call Directv and ask them. Why he would think we would know about what kind of deal he has with Directv is beyond me.

Let's see if I have this right. You run a restaurant and don't know how much you pay for something that is contract based? You presumably checked the price and thought it was a better deal than Dish. How could you not know how much it costs? How could you not know where your paperwork is? You could call Directv and ask them if your deal was just introductory. Jeez!

I am sorry if I offended you Su Meri, but when you come on here acting like a fool, that is how I am going to treat you.

I am sure running any small business is very difficult, but really, don't you think he should have a better idea of his expenses? If you look at my original post, at the end I suggested he call Directv and ask them. Why he would think we would know about what kind of deal he has with Directv is beyond me.

what goes around comes around ;) the day you ever need help in your life is the day that many will give you a swift kick in the ass. trust me,the day will come when you need help and you wont find it :yes

I've helped moved two businesses and relocated an office two floors and I can say that it is easy to box up stuff and a nightmare to try and find it, I also know what its like to try and move utilities as well as cancel and start up new ones while in the process of the move so I have to agrea about cutting the poster some slack.

What exactly did the notice say? If you signed up for the Promo which is only for Bars and Restaurants with Occupancy Permits of 100 or less. It is quite possible you misunderstood Occupancy Permit for Viewers and just told hem you have no more than 40 people there but your permit allows for 210. D* Called back at some point to verify it and someone gave them the real number restricting you from the promo price. That would be a reason it would jump. But without knowing what your "notice" states we really cant help you, but only speculate.

It's only a 1 year commitment, so you dont have much more to go with.

what goes around comes around ;) the day you ever need help in your life is the day that many will give you a swift kick in the ass. trust me,the day will come when you need help and you wont find it :yes

I made what I thought were some pretty salient points. I may have been a bit harsh, but the fact remains that the op should know better about his own expenses. Again I ask the op, did you call Directv and ask them about this?

I made what I thought were some pretty salient points. I may have been a bit harsh, but the fact remains that the op should know better about his own expenses. Again I ask the op, did you call Directv and ask them about this?

your points are valid raoul and i understand where you're coming from but when someone is looking for help we should try to help them instead of being harsh :). this applies to me also. and yes I agree,the best answer to the op's question is to call directv.it might be the only answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts