Business website operators

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Of our members here who runs a website and makes a decent or better profit off of it and what are you selling or making money off of on the site?

cparker

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
you mean something "on the side" or primary business?
I work at a campus computer store. We have a business web site.

Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Either or, I'm considering a dropship type of site but have also been considering other things such as the recent popularity of browser based games and also adult content sites. I have an idea for a site that could be a resource for the satellite and cable community but it would be a total build from paper up.

Hall

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I have an idea for a site that could be a resource for the satellite and cable community but it would be a total build from paper up.
Do you honestly think it would make money for this market ? Who would it be tailored towards, D*, E*, and the cablecos, installers, etc ?

Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I think it has a good potential to make money in this market. It would be geared towards the consumer partly as a resource and would have revenue from advertisers and provider companies and probably drop shipping of products to the consumer and installer, any further information will give away my idea and I dont want to risk that.

Hall

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I understand not wanting to give away too many details and I'm not asking, but I see and hear of people who start a business thinking it might have more appeal than it really will. Not trying to shoot your idea down, just get different opinions.... There's something to be said for a business that doesn't exist today too. It may mean there's no market, or not enough to be feasible. Of course, it may also mean no one's thought of it.

vegassatellite

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I think it has a good potential to make money in this market. It would be geared towards the consumer partly as a resource and would have revenue from advertisers and provider companies and probably drop shipping of products to the consumer and installer, any further information will give away my idea and I dont want to risk that.

PM me the information. I've had some ideas too about direct to consumer satellite installs, bounty collects, etc.

Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
It has a direct effect on you Veggas but for you it would be a positive one for you though, give me a day or so to get it out clearly and I'll send you some of the details.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I run a custom roast gourmet coffee web-biz on the side and make money off of it; I use a host but do my own website and provide my own payment processing.

Van

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Do you do the purchasing of the coffee beans and everything it entails or is it dropship oriented and how does that work out for you?

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I buy the raw green coffee beans beans and roast them per the customer's selections and ship. I do not buy pre-made product from a clearing house, add mark-up, and have some 3rd party logistics drop ship; there would be no way for me to ever touch and inspect the product, no way to control the quality, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.