Business website operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Of our members here who runs a website and makes a decent or better profit off of it and what are you selling or making money off of on the site?

you mean something "on the side" or primary business?
I work at a campus computer store. We have a business web site.

Either or, I'm considering a dropship type of site but have also been considering other things such as the recent popularity of browser based games and also adult content sites. I have an idea for a site that could be a resource for the satellite and cable community but it would be a total build from paper up.

I have an idea for a site that could be a resource for the satellite and cable community but it would be a total build from paper up.
Do you honestly think it would make money for this market ? Who would it be tailored towards, D*, E*, and the cablecos, installers, etc ?

I think it has a good potential to make money in this market. It would be geared towards the consumer partly as a resource and would have revenue from advertisers and provider companies and probably drop shipping of products to the consumer and installer, any further information will give away my idea and I dont want to risk that.

I understand not wanting to give away too many details and I'm not asking, but I see and hear of people who start a business thinking it might have more appeal than it really will. Not trying to shoot your idea down, just get different opinions.... There's something to be said for a business that doesn't exist today too. It may mean there's no market, or not enough to be feasible. Of course, it may also mean no one's thought of it.

I think it has a good potential to make money in this market. It would be geared towards the consumer partly as a resource and would have revenue from advertisers and provider companies and probably drop shipping of products to the consumer and installer, any further information will give away my idea and I dont want to risk that.

PM me the information. I've had some ideas too about direct to consumer satellite installs, bounty collects, etc.

It has a direct effect on you Veggas but for you it would be a positive one for you though, give me a day or so to get it out clearly and I'll send you some of the details.

I run a custom roast gourmet coffee web-biz on the side and make money off of it; I use a host but do my own website and provide my own payment processing.

Do you do the purchasing of the coffee beans and everything it entails or is it dropship oriented and how does that work out for you?

I buy the raw green coffee beans beans and roast them per the customer's selections and ship. I do not buy pre-made product from a clearing house, add mark-up, and have some 3rd party logistics drop ship; there would be no way for me to ever touch and inspect the product, no way to control the quality, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts