Buy Windows 7?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't blame you. I had no exposure to Win 8 until I had to get new laptops for my family and I think it's just atrocious. It's so unintuitive and disorganized that I just yearn for 7. Luckily I have an ISO file and some keys (no, I'm not fishing for an offer) so I can install it if necessary, but it's a little annoying to be an OS behind again.

* takes some getting used to. With touch it is oK withoutt ouch it really makes no snse at all. I find 8.1 an improvement but the install "broke" my office installation. That was not the end of the world but it was a bit ofa pain.

Walmart has Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade for $90. I'm fishing to see if anyone knows of a better deal than that, for my brother who is running xp.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my computer and have no issues with it. I just ignore the app screen. My biggest issue with my new laptop is the trackpad is too big. I keep drooping other fingers onto the pad screwing up my pointing, and clicking.

Define Legally? I want to be able to run windows update. I don't want microsoft to ever disable it. I don't want a version someone has embedded with spyware that will steal my brother's info.

Define Legally? I want to be able to run windows update. I don't want microsoft to ever disable it. I don't want a version someone has embedded with spyware that will steal my brother's info.

That's not really defining it. I'd buy the $90 upgrade, that's about the best legal deal that your gonna find. Unless you buy an OEM disc off of Amazon or something, and technically, that's not legal. If you're going from XP to 7 it will most likely make you do a full install from the disc and not an upgrade, so back up anything you want on the XP computer before you do it.

I bought a family upgrade pak from Microsoft. $149 for a product key that can be installed on three computers Win 7 Home Premium. They just emailed me the product key. There was no disc or download needed. I have a USB flash drive with an install for any version of Win7 you want, just need the right product key. I used Microsoft's SDK to make the installer. You can upgrade from XP SP3 in the windows environment, but can't do a fresh install with an upgrade product key. You first have to put XP back on and update to SP3 then upgrade under windows, which does a fresh install anyway, but the upgrade way.

If you buy an Asus computer with Windows 8 beware. They make you back it up via a disc from the computer and requires 500 gb which is too many DVD's. It basically requires an external hard drive of great size to do it. I didn't have one that size and I couldn't access it when I installed Linux to try out. Asus doesn't sell Windows 8 disc. Said they went green in 2009, only offers it for Windows 7 computers. I contracted Microsoft and they said they would make an exception for me allowing me to get their Windows 8 DVD for under $30 shipped if I provided proof that I bought a Windows 8 computer if the documentation stated that there was Windows 8 on the computer. I had to fax the info over stating that it had Windows 8 and they shipped it to me in a week with the key. I installed it and now have a Windows 8 DVD (one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit). I have a Windows XP home and Pro disc as well with key although they said once the key gets black listed from the hackers they will no longer support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts