Buyers remorse time to opt out of DISH?

As a neighbor I would go over and see if they are using the remote correctly. They maybe changing the tv channel off of 3 and keep losing the picture. Instead of leaving the remote in the sat mode. My partner does that eveyonce in a while and I have too change it back and voila picture. It happens quite often . If that is not the case and they keep losing signal they need to call dish and have someone come out and reallign the dish.

As a neighbor I would go over and see if they are using the remote correctly. They maybe changing the tv channel off of 3 and keep losing the picture. Instead of leaving the remote in the sat mode. My partner does that eveyonce in a while and I have too change it back and voila picture. It happens quite often . If that is not the case and they keep losing signal they need to call dish and have someone come out and reallign the dish.
Hold the TV button till all of the top buttons light up, press * (star), 003, then the # button. Now every time they press the sat button it changes the channel to 3.

I just dont understand what about dish dont they like its cheaper than cable. If it's reception or the way it was installed that all can be fixed. There are sloppy tech's out there. But really it's time to pay to get out. I installed a womans dish and i promise you im nothing but professional i do a walk through to begin and then i talk about tv placement and dish placement cable run's and so on. the next day she decided she wanted cable for their internet bundle package nop to late she signed the contract. Needless to say she had to pay to get out and then pay me to come de install everything. And if its the channel package the old man is having probs with thats his fault. should have looked to see exactly what channels are available really there is no reason dish should just let him out without paying.

They want to cancel. No talking them out of it. I'm just trying to find out info for them.

And that does not answer the question. We are not just after info to convince them otherwise. Some of us are just curious why someone would want to immediately cancel if not tech issues, or customer education issues.

OK OK, man, the peer pressure....................

They live in a mobile home park. All tenants were forced by the owner to switch from Comcast and Qwest, to a third party provider, Primecast, for the owners own monetary gain. (For TV, microwave or wireless DSL, and VOIP phone) They switched, but then Comcast worked out a deal to get back in the park AFTER most people had already switched. These people want to go back to what they know and are used to. They want the channels in the same place, they want On-Demand. This is a retirement park. Old folks do not like change.

They were installed on 10/26. They only found out yesterday 11/02 (7 days later), that they could switch back. They called and DISH said no deal.

Seems like i have seen that sort of issue at a similar place here in wisconsin. Agrees with sexy warlock the switch would ultimately be for the best. But if thats the situation and its available to them once again just switch back there just isnt a way to get out of the contract without paying to opt out or well... death.

CEO time

OK OK, man, the peer pressure....................

They live in a mobile home park. All tenants were forced by the owner to switch from Comcast and Qwest, to a third party provider, Primecast, for the owners own monetary gain. (For TV, microwave or wireless DSL, and VOIP phone) They switched, but then Comcast worked out a deal to get back in the park AFTER most people had already switched. These people want to go back to what they know and are used to. They want the channels in the same place, they want On-Demand. This is a retirement park. Old folks do not like change.

They were installed on 10/26. They only found out yesterday 11/02 (7 days later), that they could switch back. They called and DISH said no deal.

They need to talk to the CEO dept (executive) and let them know they are being forced to do this by the property owner. Leave out the part that it is easier for the to work the comcrap. They may let them out of the contract since it is a forced situation.

Looks like they need to go after the owner for the disconnection fee. Really isn't Dish's fault so they shouldn't feel compelled to void a signed contract.

Nobody forced them to get pay TV, period. They bought it without doing their due diligence, now they're going to have to accept responsibility for their mistake. Why should DISH take a loss on this?

the easy answer is to have them switch to the locals only package at $9.00 a month and then pay it for the 2 years of the contract. Remove all the equipment and stick it in a corner somewhere. in 2 years cancel. send the equipment back and all is done.

the easy answer is to have them switch to the locals only package at $9.00 a month and then pay it for the 2 years of the contract. Remove all the equipment and stick it in a corner somewhere. in 2 years cancel. send the equipment back and all is done.

Minimum programming requirement is dishfamily so there will be a cancellation fee for dropping below that package.

Don't care for the answer does not equate to being an ass.

I guess truth hurts, but Awohar is exactly correct "...they're going to have to accept responsibility for their mistake. Why should DISH take a loss on this?"

These people are elderly and were forced to switch in a very short time period. They were perfectly fine in their comfort zone before having this forced upon them.
Awohar's (as are those that agree) attitude is despicable. "Nobody forced them to get pay TV, period. They bought it without doing their due diligence, now they're going to have to accept responsibility for their mistake."
If it were his, or your elderly parents, grandparents, or friends, would he have the same attitude? They did not know there would be an opportunity to go back. They were told Comcast and Qwest were gone. (as explained above)

Maybe he's a Dish employee showing their wonderful customer service attitude...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts