Buying a 36” ballscrew actuator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Update: I powered the actuator to test it and it works as intended. I’ll say that its a little louder than my Von Weise acme actuator but nothing too bad. You have to be in the vicinity to hear the noise. Before I install it I need to punch holes in the back cover for water drainage (instructions were provided by venture). Most likely I will install it tomorrow or day after

I installed the actuator yesterday and as of now it can cover 87-137. It wont go much east of 87 because of risk of breaking the arm and dish flop. I will be working on making something to move the actuator centre away to be able to cover the complete arc. I am amazed at the actuator accuracy and speed when compared to my previous Von Weise acme nut actuator. :)

Does Von Weise have 36" sat actuators? Left a few emails so far unanswered. I have a 12' fiberglass dish and can get 131W to 55.5W.
She's a heavy dish. Using a chunk of heavy garage door spring and cable to tension the mount a bit before it wants to flop. Works good.
Outrigger at dish mount next.

Reactions: Andyboy90
Does Von Weise have 36" sat actuators? Left a few emails so far unanswered. I have a 12' fiberglass dish and can get 131W to 55.5W.
She's a heavy dish. Using a chunk of heavy garage door spring and cable to tension the mount a bit before it wants to flop. Works good.
Outrigger at dish mount next.
For a 12ft fiberglass dish 36” ballscrew would be the best choice. Its been over 2 weeks and Von Weise still hasn’t responded yet while I already have the Venture actuator set up on my dish.

Last edited:
Reactions: norman881
You might want to give them a call. Emails may not have gone through or went to the wrong person/department. :)
That would be nice if they had a number that worked. Only one I looked up went to vm, no return call as of yet.
They do have 36 inchers with bellows boots?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)