Buying a 36” ballscrew actuator

Update: I powered the actuator to test it and it works as intended. I’ll say that its a little louder than my Von Weise acme actuator but nothing too bad. You have to be in the vicinity to hear the noise. Before I install it I need to punch holes in the back cover for water drainage (instructions were provided by venture). Most likely I will install it tomorrow or day after

I installed the actuator yesterday and as of now it can cover 87-137. It wont go much east of 87 because of risk of breaking the arm and dish flop. I will be working on making something to move the actuator centre away to be able to cover the complete arc. I am amazed at the actuator accuracy and speed when compared to my previous Von Weise acme nut actuator. :)

Does Von Weise have 36" sat actuators? Left a few emails so far unanswered. I have a 12' fiberglass dish and can get 131W to 55.5W.
She's a heavy dish. Using a chunk of heavy garage door spring and cable to tension the mount a bit before it wants to flop. Works good.
Outrigger at dish mount next.

Reactions: Andyboy90
Does Von Weise have 36" sat actuators? Left a few emails so far unanswered. I have a 12' fiberglass dish and can get 131W to 55.5W.
She's a heavy dish. Using a chunk of heavy garage door spring and cable to tension the mount a bit before it wants to flop. Works good.
Outrigger at dish mount next.
For a 12ft fiberglass dish 36” ballscrew would be the best choice. Its been over 2 weeks and Von Weise still hasn’t responded yet while I already have the Venture actuator set up on my dish.

Last edited:
Reactions: norman881
You might want to give them a call. Emails may not have gone through or went to the wrong person/department. :)
That would be nice if they had a number that worked. Only one I looked up went to vm, no return call as of yet.
They do have 36 inchers with bellows boots?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)