Buying a DirecTV receiver off eBay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You never know what you are getting off e-bay. It will still be a leased unit. Get the serial number and card number and then call directv and make sure it is in good standing. Also they are sold in stores for $199.00 and at costco for $169.00, witch might be a better idea, with no shipping time or dammages.

More specifically,

"ALL NEW" HR21 HD/DVR DIRECTV RECEIVER- MGEG4 -DVR HDTV - eBay (item 220191390361 end time Jan-15-08 13:18:23 PST)

That one - as an addon to my current setup (2 SD, 1 HD) I wouldn't run into any problems regarding activation would I?

Seeing you have a current account, you should have no problem activating provided it doesn't have a balance on it when you rec. it.... that would be the only thing that would keep you from activating it, not sure how they handle it if it does have one... these are leased even if they are on ebay and they ones on ebay should be returned to D* unless it is bought from a actual D* authorized store.
btw, this is NOT what ebay was intended for. (vendors)

Jimbo

More specifically,

"ALL NEW" HR21 HD/DVR DIRECTV RECEIVER- MGEG4 -DVR HDTV - eBay (item 220191390361 end time Jan-15-08 13:18:23 PST)

That one - as an addon to my current setup (2 SD, 1 HD) I wouldn't run into any problems regarding activation would I?

I ordered from him on 2 occasions before. He often has better deals than D* but remember the recent price drop may muddy the waters. I received new equipment with new access cards each time and had no problems activating them. He is a D* dealer and ships the equipment from DSI distributors.

I ordered from him on 2 occasions before. He often has better deals than D* but remember the recent price drop may muddy the waters. I received new equipment with new access cards each time and had no problems activating them. He is a D* dealer and ships the equipment from DSI distributors.

It's a shame that ebay cannot do something about that....
ebay was not meant to be a place for vendors to sell their stuff, it was meant for the avg Joe to sell/ swap something that is not needed by the owner anymore, NOT NEW equipment, rent a store and sell your new stuff, pay the overhead.
Where do you go if you have problems, these places may or may not be available when you wake up in the morning.

(Not the D* stuff, that you can talk to D* about) but stuff being sold in general.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts