Buying a used 722k

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Whats the procedure to transfer from a vip622 to a 722k?

There's a local guy selling a used 722k receiver and just wondering do I just need to call dish and activate it? What if there's a balance on the box or something?

Yes, you would need to contact Dish Network to activate the new receiver on your account and possibly deactivating the VIP622 if that is what you choose to do. We always recommend that you obtain the Receiver CAID# and Smart card # prior to exchanging money and contact Dish network directly with those. We can then advice that it is indeed a transferable receiver and no balance is due on it. Let us know if we can help in any way!

Ahhh...Thanks, was wondering why the add said "there maybe a balance due"... :) Thanks for the info, I'll get the CAID# and Smart card # and go from there.

Does dish provide receiver upgrades? I've had this one for a long time, I'll give Dish a shout tomorrow...

Thanks for the reply...

Ahhh...Thanks, was wondering why the add said "there maybe a balance due"... :) Thanks for the info, I'll get the CAID# and Smart card # and go from there.

Does dish provide receiver upgrades? I've had this one for a long time, I'll give Dish a shout tomorrow...

Thanks for the reply...
We do upgrades. Just to let you know that it would be with a 24 month commitment, credit card authorization for $1.00, and we would need account information for any other specifics. If you want to PM your account/phone#, I can take a look at it for you!

Just had my upgrade done by Dish Network VIP722k/w MT2 really like this receiver.The first installer that was sent out was the installer from hell(can't fault Dish Network on that I fault the install company).The second installer they sent out was the Pro from Dover(like in the M*A*S*H movie) can't say enough praises on that one he really knew his stuff.I'm really happy being a Dish Network subscriber.:D

It is imperative that you check with DISH Network for two reasons:

1. The receiver may not belong to the seller. In this case, DISH likely won't activate it.

2. There may be a significant balance. In this case, there will be headaches trying to get it cleared before you can discuss activation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts