Buying a used iPhone X

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
today, my wife fell and broke her fall with her iPhone 5SE. It still works but the screen is badly cracked.
We weren’t ready to buy a new XS yet, waiting for the Fall releases. So considering a used X. Any suggestions on what to watch out for or avoid would be appreciated.

My son used part of his tax refund to get an iPhone X from Apple's refurbished site. It comes with the standard one year Apple warranty and can be extended with AppleCare+. It's as reliable as buying new from Apple, at least in my experiences.
Refurbished iPhone

These refurbished phones are unlocked. The only downside is you are at the mercy of available colors and capacities if you're in a hurry.

Reactions: harshness
When my daughter’s SE cracked after nearly 2 years we were able to get a good deal on a new 7 from our carrier. Cheaper than a refurbished from Apple and we will pay it off much sooner than 2 years.

My son used part of his tax refund to get an iPhone X from Apple's refurbished site. It comes with the standard one year Apple warranty and can be extended with AppleCare+. It's as reliable as buying new from Apple, at least in my experiences.
Refurbished iPhone

These refurbished phones are unlocked. The only downside is you are at the mercy of available colors and capacities if you're in a hurry.
Thanks Roland. I might do that. I think if she gets an iphone X 64GB it will do her well for a long time. Plus she will get used to using face recognition. The price is fine and aside from taking pictures and texting to the family, she is not a power user. She is fine with a small screen so a + or MAX is not necessary. I need the larger screen and lots of storage but she uses the cloud for her pictures so 64GB is fine too.

Took 2 hours at the Apple store. They did a diagnostics on the phone and all was well so we got the new screen for $129. All good now. :)

Reactions: Foxbat
The x is awesome. First one I had there were issues with the touch screen not responding right to my input when it would be a little warm in a room (80s). I got it exchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

wife is happy with the repaired SE so no new X for her. She didn't want to spend the money on a refurb X or other new replacement since she broke her SE. But here's the female logic- She broke her iphone and now back in business for $129+tax. However, since we would have spent the ~$700 on a refurb X, she thinks now she can spend the difference on other personal stuff since she chose to save the difference by getting the SE repaired. ???? Been married to her for 50 years and I still don't get it. :oldno:helpsign:what2

wife is happy with the repaired SE so no new X for her. She didn't want to spend the money on a refurb X or other new replacement since she broke her SE. But here's the female logic- She broke her iphone and now back in business for $129+tax. However, since we would have spent the ~$700 on a refurb X, she thinks now she can spend the difference on other personal stuff since she chose to save the difference by getting the SE repaired. ???? Been married to her for 50 years and I still don't get it. :oldno:helpsign:what2
Makes sense to me.she picked "Know your best alternative"

Sent from Galaxy
S using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts