Buying equipment

CFLUSFLWFL

Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
I have calmed down from a previous rant about poor Dish installer experience. I am comfortable with setting up my own equipment. I would be a new dish customer. I want to buy the receiver and dish to get Dish HD. Is this still possible, and if it is, I am looking at the vip211 (don't need dvr). What dish would I need to get? Also, when buying, are they outright yours, or are they still considered Dish property. I asked this, because I bought a Directv receiver new once, and they tried to tell me it would still need a lease fee. Thanks for any input.

1. What dish would I need to get? Depends on which satellites you need or can get LOS. Where are your locals beamed from? 1000+ will get you 129, 119, 118, and 110. If you don't need 118, you won't need a 1000+ or a 500+. If you are residing in FL, you probably use a 500 for 110/119, and a wing dish for 61.5, depending on where your locals reside.
  2. Also, when buying, are they outright yours?...Anything that you buy outright is yours to keep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)