buying materials online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there a website where I can get RG6 cables and fittings for less?

IF you are an installer Skywalker will save you a little shipping by putting small fittings in the cable boxes.

For small quantities to fix your home rig local retail will be about the same after shipping. Try Lowes, Home Depot not Radio Shack, the advertisers on here.

Joe

Compression fittings are ridiculous at Lowes, but thats not what they are there for really.
There like .70 a piece.

I still like my $.09 F fittings with the O ring and gell. I have never seen a DTV official order to use their only approved compression fitting.....so I assume they profit on both ends; you must use what we sell only.

AND has anybody seen any technical proof that one is better than the other.

I note that a multiswitch could use as many as 14 to 22 fittings but have never seen a payment note increasing the money offered for increased prices of everything.

So we sit.

Joe

I still like my $.09 F fittings with the O ring and gell. I have never seen a DTV official order to use their only approved compression fitting.....so I assume they profit on both ends; you must use what we sell only.

AND has anybody seen any technical proof that one is better than the other.

I note that a multiswitch could use as many as 14 to 22 fittings but have never seen a payment note increasing the money offered for increased prices of everything.

So we sit.

Joe

I've never seen where D* said you could only use a certain type of fitting, the industry standard seems to be the Compression fittings making them weather resistant is all. You can get them lots of places, D* has nothing to do with it, I am sure they have a contract with someone to use just what they do, but as long as it's a good tight waterproof fitting that fits RG-6 coax all is good ... Thats more for the subs reassurance than anything else.

I thought D* required PPC EX6XL fittings??

That may be what they use, but they are not exclusive to D*, many companies that use fittings use them, there are a variety of ones available, if you make up your own cables D*'s not going to question you about a different fitting as long as it meets specs, outdoor and weather resistant.

Local cable company uses them too.
A top notch A / V store I use, uses a different one, but they serve the same purpose.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)