Buying Own Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NATECOHEN, what charper1 is trying to explain to you is the sales tax in your state and county will be what you pay. It would be the same for dish or D*, not sure on your cable. I could give you many estimates from nothing to a lot. But it IS YOUR STATE AND COUNTY that SETS them, NOT the satellite company. I had or have everything from big satellite to 6 years at DISH and now 3 years at D*. As long as I can keep my tivo directtv receivers I will probably stay with them. I own them and will never lease. Hope that helps.

Well by looking at my cable bill, the tax is $4.19. So I guess that's around what the DirecTV will be.

NateCohen said:
Ehh see that's kinda keeping me away from DTV. With cable, I don't need a box in every room, so I don't need to pay the $5.00 extra for every single box. Maybe Dish Network has a better deal.

If you do not need a box in every room, then you can supply as many TV's, with the same channel you are watching on the 1st receiver, and you don't have to pay the extra $4.99.... You will have to pay extra, to have the Tech wire it up the way you want it, and that will save you a lot of money...

I did what you want to do and switched from T-W to DirecTV. That was at least five years ago and I've never been sorry. As for the cost, I don't look at it by each fee or charge, it's the total I'm interested in. I told them what I wanted, they gave me a price, it was within my budget and I took it. Simple as that. The important thing is that I think the service is worth the price and I do. Only you can decide what's important to you. Good luck.

Thanks for your help guys. I think I am 100% positive that I am switching to DirecTV. I just got the best deal from someone at the Verizon department. It's going to cost $50/month for the first year for the Total Choice Plus WITH 3 extra receivers. That's a deal I just can't get away. After the first year, it will still only be $60.00/month. And he also told me there will be no tax unless I order a PPV. No cable company can beat that.

charper1 said:
Just remember that 2nd out is RF (coax) crappiest picture you can have. Separate receivers are worth the mirror. Even though I have always agreed the 3rd and up should be free of fees.

If you compare it to a S-Video input, I agree. But, if you are going to comapre the picture when connected with coax t Dish and coax on DTV...I disagree.

The TV2 will out put in MTS stereo, which I do no think any DTV receiver will do, that I know of.

I wanted to go to DTV...I wanted one room with TIVO...2 year commitment no matter what....even if I purchaed my own receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts