Buying the HD receiver on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Acerone

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
If you buy an HD receiver on ebay do you still have to pay a lease fee?

iwc5893

iwc5893

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2007
The desert of WA, zip code EIEIO
yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

What was that? :D

Regardless of whether you think you own or lease the equipment from eBay (and a lot of them being sold there are leased units) you will pay the same fee.

$4.99 lease fee for leased equipment
$4.99 programming fee for owned equipment.

C

ClemSole

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2004
Tenino, Wa
If you are thinking of replacing a SD unit with a HD unit you will also need a new dish to receive the HD channels. If yo are just replacing a HD reciever with a HDdvr you need two lines run into the HDdvr to use all the fratures of the dvr. Your best deal might not be on e-bay but either through Directv or a local store lick costco or bestbuy. E-Bay units are not alway's what they are sold as, you could end up with one that can not be activated through Directv due to coming from a bad account. All newer HD units will be leased.

J

jcmr21

Oct 30, 2006
No

If you buy an HD receiver on ebay do you still have to pay a lease fee?

If you buy the HD receiver on ebay, you will not have the lease fee because you will own the receiver. I have 2 units from ebay and I only pay the fee for the second receiver. Remember that there are a lease fee and the non primary receivers fee. The primary receiver will not have any of the two fees.

Just make sure that you are buying a receiver new (never activated) or ask for the R00 and S00 numbers and then check with a Dish CSR the status of those receiver to check if you can activate them.

JC

L

LOTRingDings

SatelliteGuys Family
May 7, 2004
Downeast Maine
If you buy the HD receiver on ebay, you will not have the lease fee because you will own the receiver. I have 2 units from ebay and I only pay the fee for the second receiver. Remember that there are a lease fee and the non primary receivers fee. The primary receiver will not have any of the two fees.

Just make sure that you are buying a receiver new (never activated) or ask for the R00 and S00 numbers and then check with a Dish CSR the status of those receiver to check if you can activate them.

JC

DIRECTV Forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.