Buying the HD receiver on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are thinking of replacing a SD unit with a HD unit you will also need a new dish to receive the HD channels. If yo are just replacing a HD reciever with a HDdvr you need two lines run into the HDdvr to use all the fratures of the dvr. Your best deal might not be on e-bay but either through Directv or a local store lick costco or bestbuy. E-Bay units are not alway's what they are sold as, you could end up with one that can not be activated through Directv due to coming from a bad account. All newer HD units will be leased.

No

If you buy an HD receiver on ebay do you still have to pay a lease fee?

If you buy the HD receiver on ebay, you will not have the lease fee because you will own the receiver. I have 2 units from ebay and I only pay the fee for the second receiver. Remember that there are a lease fee and the non primary receivers fee. The primary receiver will not have any of the two fees.

Just make sure that you are buying a receiver new (never activated) or ask for the R00 and S00 numbers and then check with a Dish CSR the status of those receiver to check if you can activate them.

JC

If you buy the HD receiver on ebay, you will not have the lease fee because you will own the receiver. I have 2 units from ebay and I only pay the fee for the second receiver. Remember that there are a lease fee and the non primary receivers fee. The primary receiver will not have any of the two fees.

Just make sure that you are buying a receiver new (never activated) or ask for the R00 and S00 numbers and then check with a Dish CSR the status of those receiver to check if you can activate them.

JC

DIRECTV Forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)