bye bye bobby

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
so bobby bowden finally retired, minus one more bowl game. i have a lot of respect for what he has done for college football. but he became the shining example of someone who didn't walk away soon enough. his once powerhouse program has declined so far. trust me, many other gator fans are sad because bobby won't be around to have his butt kicked by swamp rats anymore.

i just pray bobby can find something useful to do in retirement. for those who remember, bear bryant was dead only a few months after he retired.

good luck and god speed bobby. it won't daggone be the same without you!

The trustees and the boosters showed absolutely NO CLASS in how they handled this. This reminded me of how they booted Johnny Carson off the tonight show. Funny, these same douche nozzle boosters are moaning and bitching about how the team has been irrelavant with Bobby running it, when they are too stupid to realize that Bobby has not really been running the team in almost 3 or 4 years. Once they get rid of Bobby, they will be even worse because the current clowns have pretty much done alot of the recruiting themselves, with Bobby only interjecting on the recruits that are still undecided or trying to be stolen by the likes of Florida, Miami and now South Florida.

IF you think FSU has been bad the last few years...wait till you see how bad it will be in the years to come... Mark my words, FSU will have no identity and no program in the years that come.

You may be right salsa, but something had to be done. Bowden is 80 years old and was not doing his job for the last 4-5 years. This coach in waiting nonsense with Jimbo Fisher was a joke so they basically had to crap or get off the pot. I don't know how FSU will fare without Bowden but I do know they had no shot with him.

You may be right salsa, but something had to be done. Bowden is 80 years old and was not doing his job for the last 4-5 years. This coach in waiting nonsense with Jimbo Fisher was a joke so they basically had to crap or get off the pot. I don't know how FSU will fare without Bowden but I do know they had no shot with him.

But Anders, he has not been running the team...Fisher was. The ONLY difference between Bowden and Paterno is ONE SEASON!! All kinds of rumblings about firing him, then they had this one great year that they finished in the top then....about 2 years ago....and they have FSU NORTH since. Wait till Paterno leaves, that school will be in deep scrap-o-la also.

But Anders, he has not been running the team...Fisher was. The ONLY difference between Bowden and Paterno is ONE SEASON!! All kinds of rumblings about firing him, then they had this one great year that they finished in the top then....about 2 years ago....and they have FSU NORTH since. Wait till Paterno leaves, that school will be in deep scrap-o-la also.
Fisher wasn't running the team either. Nobody was. They had like 5 guys with head coach in their title. It was like a council. Mickey Andrews ran the defense, Jimbo ran the offense, Bowden watched Jeopardy and drank leomonade. We don't know what Fisher can do until he is running the whole team. He may not be any good, but it's too early to tell. For what it's worth FSU's offense was pretty good this year. It was the defense that sucked and Jimbo had nothing to with that, and wouldn't until the old man was out of the way.

They haven't been that great since they joined the BIG 10. IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)