bye bye dish

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
Sunday will be my last day with dishnetwork switching to fios. i'd like to thank ever one here the helped me in the past with any problem with my dish. bye

good luck with fios locally its contract free these days.

my fios phone wasnt reliable it took THREE MONTHS, multiple tech visits, 3 ONTs replaced, calls every business day to verizon for THREE WEEKS, and 2 calls to verizon presidents office to finally get them to replace a router in their central office...... network division had it fixed in 10 minutes

They refused to release me from my contract, and refused to put me back on copper. the bad router effected every FIOS phone customer in my prefix.....

I dumped E over the gouge extra receiver fees, dumped FIOS, and am now a happy comcast customer

good luck with fios locally its contract free these days.

my fios phone wasnt reliable it took THREE MONTHS, multiple tech visits, 3 ONTs replaced, calls every business day to verizon for THREE WEEKS, and 2 calls to verizon presidents office to finally get them to replace a router in their central office...... network division had it fixed in 10 minutes

They refused to release me from my contract, and refused to put me back on copper. the bad router effected every FIOS phone customer in my prefix.....

I dumped E over the gouge extra receiver fees, dumped FIOS, and am now a happy comcast customer

Hear ya. Xfinity? I was split between that and D*. Ended up w/D* because of the 3D and MRV. Now Xfinity is offering MRV. Really would have liked the bundle and the ability to drop Frontier.

Verizon features :( endless auto attendants designed to discourage you from talking to a human being, then you finally get the right department:) and the system says all reps are busy please try your call again later goodbye CLICK, with no option to wait:(

Verizon wireless wants to upgrade my phone I told them NO, I will NEVER have a contract with ANYTHING with the verizon name. rep claims they are two seperate companies, hey you sell FIOS in your stores.

She said she was sending something to the land line side,

LIVE BY THE BRAND DIE BY THE BRAND:)

Bob - wow....those are some bad experiences, however you're the first that went through that and concluded with you're a happy comcast subscriber - no one I have talked to that had FIOS or satellite with a DVR has said they prefer Comcast. Has comcast improved that much?

Bob - wow....those are some bad experiences, however you're the first that went through that and concluded with you're a happy comcast subscriber - no one I have talked to that had FIOS or satellite with a DVR has said they prefer Comcast. Has comcast improved that much?

Yes they have improved majorly Both Network wise and Customer Service wise. Comcast's current DVR is a piece of :censored:. But if you buy a Tivo it's great. But they have a new DVR in the works. I would switch from Dish if their DVR was improved and it wasn't 15.95 a month PER HD DVR :rant:. Do you think it would be possible at all with Comcast's On Demand Library to not have A DVR?

Yes they have improved majorly Both Network wise and Customer Service wise. Comcast's current DVR is a piece of :censored:. But if you buy a Tivo it's great. But they have a new DVR in the works. I would switch from Dish if their DVR was improved and it wasn't 15.95 a month PER HD DVR :rant:. Do you think it would be possible at all with Comcast's On Demand Library to not have A DVR?

I currently have tivo with dual stream cablecard , and one comcast digital box, i have to call and get somethimng they call a adapter, will put that on my basement shop tv.

i am looking for my old IR repeaters..... wish tivo had UHF remote, but no matter the tv appears rock solid....:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)