Bye, Bye DishNetwork, Don't let door hit you

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thiswebs4u

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
So far my experiance with Directtv is great. One control for TV, AV, and DVR. Much better picture.
Got a call from DishNetwork today trying to get us to change back. When we told them no they told us we will have to pay two months in advance if we ever use them again. What a bunch of babies.

Well our experience is the opposite. We had Dish and can't wait to get them back after our 1 year commitment is over in March. We hate DirecTV. The channel order is a mess. We have less channels The standard recievers don't do things that we want like don't hide channels you don't get. Too many blank and DTV channels. The Tivo is a overrated piece of junk. Read my post history.

fkostyn said:
To each his own! I prefer D* over E*, but - that is me.

Oh yeah! My Dad is bigger than your dad and he is going to kick your A**!

Sorry this whole argument sounds just like the stuff we said as kids. Some perfer Dish and some perfer Directv. To Each his Own. :smug

reddice said:
Well our experience is the opposite. We had Dish and can't wait to get them back after our 1 year commitment is over in March. We hate DirecTV. The channel order is a mess. We have less channels The standard recievers don't do things that we want like don't hide channels you don't get. Too many blank and DTV channels. The Tivo is a overrated piece of junk. Read my post history.
Why don't you upgrade your programming package to get more channels? Why do you need more useless channels? How is the Tivo overated? Please do not tell me you think that crappy Dish digital VCR's are better. I can't see anything that you have mentioned that makes Dish better then DirecTV. no a thing. just minor complaints that don't even come close to what we all could tell you about Dish.

MikeD-C05 said:
Oh yeah! My Dad is bigger than your dad and he is going to kick your A**!

Sorry this whole argument sounds just like the stuff we said as kids. Some perfer Dish and some perfer Directv. To Each his Own. :smug

I had Dish, then I grew up and got Voom. :p

reddice said:
Well now that Dish is buying Voom you will end up back with Dish.

E* did not buy V*, they purchased Rainbow 1 satellite and an uplink center, that's it.

reddice said:
Well now that Dish is buying Voom you will end up back with Dish.
Don't expect anything great. Dish has stated it is selling everything else besides the satellite. The press releases used some fancy term for this. The fact is the receivers aren't going to get any better, the service isn't going to get any better, and Dish will have a long way to go to catch up with DirecTV upcoming HD line-up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)