Bye, Bye Voom

ChrisBMoore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Well, I have fought with Voom and various reps for weeks now over having my OTA antenna upgraded. I finally thought I got somewhere when an appointment was scheduled and an upgraded antenna ordered. Then I received a call that Voom would not approve the installation. I was told that since the only channels I would get OTA would be analog, Voom would not approve it, and since they do not provide local feeds on their satellite, I have no network locals. I always had these with DirecTV at about $2 a month. Voom said I could upgrade at my expense, which would be about $300. No way!!! I am not going to pay $300 for an antenna that I don't need when I can get it on DirecTV for free. It was fun while it lasted and I really enjoyed Vooms choice of HD, but I'm afraid I have to say So long to Voom!!!

Yes. Make sure that you cancel your credit card or at least have the number changed. Voom will continue to charge you long after you cancel. And they will make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get your money back.

Bob

ChrisBMoore said:
Well, I have fought with Voom and various reps for weeks now over having my OTA antenna upgraded. I finally thought I got somewhere when an appointment was scheduled and an upgraded antenna ordered. Then I received a call that Voom would not approve the installation. I was told that since the only channels I would get OTA would be analog, Voom would not approve it, and since they do not provide local feeds on their satellite, I have no network locals. I always had these with DirecTV at about $2 a month. Voom said I could upgrade at my expense, which would be about $300. No way!!! I am not going to pay $300 for an antenna that I don't need when I can get it on DirecTV for free. It was fun while it lasted and I really enjoyed Vooms choice of HD, but I'm afraid I have to say So long to Voom!!!
How do you get all of your HD locals from Directv when they dont carry any?

I've gone through the same thing trying to get an OTA antenna upgrade. When they look up my area on antennaweb.org, it says there are no digital channels in my area. I get at least 6 and hope for more with a better antenna. I looked into switching to DirectTV. You have to buy equipment to get HD from them, so either way I would have to buy my own antenna. That's why I decided to stay with Voom a little longer. I'm planning to buy my own antenna upgrade, and then when I switch to another service, I'll already have that piece of equipment. Voom should really be more helpful with the OTA service, because that is the best HD anywhere. Also, if i could get all locals through them, I would drop basic cable, and spend that money to get HBO from Voom.

txcruiser said:
Now comes the really fun part....

Closing your VOOM account.

Good Luck.

I agree....Close it quick. Get CRS's name, cancel the CC(I eventually had to). I have been charged one month after I have closed my account and still am waiting for the first refund from the 1st months overbill. (and possibly be prepared to move and sell your home....j/k :shocked )

Dvlos said:
He has a time machine obviously. :rolleyes:

He probably meant his receiver was able to get them, but he obviously had a seperate OTA antenna...When I had DTV, ii got my locals in HD, but it was due to having a Sammy 360, that was able to grab them...

vurbano said:
How do you get all of your HD locals from Directv when they dont carry any?

Not HD locals....locals period!!! Can get absolutely none digital or otherwise without D.

ChrisBMoore said:
Not HD locals....locals period!!! Can get absolutely none digital or otherwise without D.
Another misinformed Voomer bites the dust. RIP.

Lesson to be learned here: Look before you leap, it may be a loooooong drop to the bottom. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts