Bypass blue screen of hard drive death on HR24?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Anyone know how to bypass this screen to access the live feed on tuner 1 or 2 for an HR24?

Never ran into it so no practical advice, but have you tried rebooting?

Never ran into it so no practical advice, but have you tried rebooting?
Only one option on the boot screen is to reboot, cannot get past this screen regardless of 1 or 20 reboots. I'm thinking there is a command or button combo that will let me advance....trying to use tuners until replacement arrives in a week so I'm not fully down.

Only one option on the boot screen is to reboot, cannot get past this screen regardless of 1 or 20 reboots. I'm thinking there is a command or button combo that will let me advance....trying to use tuners until replacement arrives in a week so I'm not fully down.
Are you rebooting by unplugging?

Reactions: John2021
Why not just pop in a new hard drive and upgrade it to a 1TB while you're at it?

If you're not comfortable opening it up just plug in a external eSATA drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: raoul5788 and Jimbo
Why not just pop in a new hard drive and upgrade it to a 1TB while you're at it?

If you're not comfortable opening it up just plug in a external eSATA drive.
Thats what I was gonna suggest to see if it truly is a HD failure, sounds like it is, also not sure if when it boots up if it would look for the internal drive first before going to the external and if it would let it pass if it saw an External .... unknown, but worth a try.

Just wanted to provide a resolution in case anyone runs into this same problem......also highlights how bad customer service has gotten....they sent me another HR24 after saying they would sent an HR54.....called in waited on hold for another 43 minutes.....refused to activate it 'we aren't activating old equipment anymore'.....keep in mind they just sent it to me the day before......finally got a supervisor in the Philippines who knew how to activate it. He got it activated only after a total of now 9 phone calls and close to 9 total hours on the phone. I hang up, everything is working......two minutes later 721 message on all channels......call back wait another 32 minutes on hold......they clear the 721 (I tried from my online account....nothing). Fast forward a few days a D* truck shows up at my house with another HR24 ready to install it!!!! WTF!!! He said he was booked a week ago when I first called in and nobody told him they overnighted a receiver!!! What is going on with this company?

Thats what I was gonna suggest to see if it truly is a HD failure, sounds like it is, also not sure if when it boots up if it would look for the internal drive first before going to the external and if it would let it pass if it saw an External .... unknown, but worth a try.

From what I can tell it totally ignores the internal if you plug in a external.

Reactions: Jimbo
Just wanted to provide a resolution in case anyone runs into this same problem......also highlights how bad customer service has gotten....they sent me another HR24 after saying they would sent an HR54.....called in waited on hold for another 43 minutes.....refused to activate it 'we aren't activating old equipment anymore'.....keep in mind they just sent it to me the day before......finally got a supervisor in the Philippines who knew how to activate it. He got it activated only after a total of now 9 phone calls and close to 9 total hours on the phone. I hang up, everything is working......two minutes later 721 message on all channels......call back wait another 32 minutes on hold......they clear the 721 (I tried from my online account....nothing). Fast forward a few days a D* truck shows up at my house with another HR24 ready to install it!!!! WTF!!! He said he was booked a week ago when I first called in and nobody told him they overnighted a receiver!!! What is going on with this company?
Wow all that!!! They upgraded from a dying hr 54-200 to the genie 2 with a second 4k mini at no charge... got my bill they charged me for em. Had to call in and get those removed that took 45 min to remove the extortion fees oops I ment lease fees!! Other than that no issues at all other than the rep trying to sort through the mess..

They told me they overnighted an HR 54 at the time!!! Next thing i know i had an installer show up ready to do a new install. Thank god i knew him :). Though he asked me why i needed a new install. I said to him you tell me and we will both know:rolleyes. Then i told him how much i hated dealing with the clueless AT&T twits and he agreed!!! They have so many acct's that AT&T screwed up with me they have to ask who am I :coco:oops::rolleyes:o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)