Bypass India Call Center

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

patrick80639

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
chicago
Just stumbled onto something today. I called Dish to activate a receiver and the agent in India failed to do it properly, so I had to call again. This time I immediately asked very politely to be transferred to an american office. The agent said yes and sent me to a real honest to goodness American agent! I did not realize it was this easy. I'm going to have try this the next time I call my bank.

Hello, thank you for calling [insert almost any large company name]. My name is Peggy. Can I help you?

64599_160482493970475_153544431330948_427874_1480727_n.jpg

i can personally vouch for the agents in the tulsa call center for being just as worthless. myself included. we are so throttled down on being able to provide customer service because it will actually take time and cost money. and charlie doesnt like that.

i can personally vouch for the agents in the tulsa call center for being just as worthless. myself included. we are so throttled down on being able to provide customer service because it will actually take time and cost money. and charlie doesnt like that.

But you guys look so happy coming and going while I am waiting in the bank drive thru outside:D

Just stumbled onto something today. I called Dish to activate a receiver and the agent in India failed to do it properly, so I had to call again. This time I immediately asked very politely to be transferred to an american office. The agent said yes and sent me to a real honest to goodness American agent! I did not realize it was this easy. I'm going to have try this the next time I call my bank.
I was told to do this by a retention rep ages ago. But did it on my own with other companies when they first outsourced and I was already pissed off by the lame support from other companies and the minute I heard an offshore accent was use to asking for a stateside rep. A couple of times with DISH I was told no and asked for a supervisor and the person that picked up the phone was stateside. I had been transferred to the US. I told one rep this and he asked if I remembered the agents number. I told him, if I could have understood it, I would have. But no. He said he would look through the record and file a complaint if the info was there. I doubt anything happened. Then he proceeded to take care of me in a very apologetic manner and practically gave me the Moon.

that smile disappears really quickly the moment we scan our id's/ finger prints and walk through the turnstands at the gestopo check in point.

Unfortunately, that is the way that it is in virtually any job today.

Tulsa Agent, if you're so unhappy working for Dish, why don't you pursue opportunities elsewhere? Clearly working for Dish is a soul-crushing experience for you. I have not seen a single positive post from you since I've joined, and I've been a lurker for a year before that. I'm really not trying to be sarcastic, I'm truly curious and concerned why you stay employed at a place that you hate so much. Tulsa is a big town, surely you can find gainful employment elsewhere. Why do you stay?

Tulsa Agent, if you're so unhappy working for Dish, why don't you pursue opportunities elsewhere? Clearly working for Dish is a soul-crushing experience for you. I have not seen a single positive post from you since I've joined, and I've been a lurker for a year before that. I'm really not trying to be sarcastic, I'm truly curious and concerned why you stay employed at a place that you hate so much. Tulsa is a big town, surely you can find gainful employment elsewhere. Why do you stay?

He will probably have that option after the E* higher ups read the posts. Since they have a presence here now, it probably wont take long.

I hate to see anyone from ANY company, regardless of their opinion for the company, get promoted to "Valued Customer".

Have you seen the unemployment figures in the US for the past several years? Anyone who has a job will keep it if he/she knows what he/she is doing. It is not a question of liking the job, it is a question of having a paycheck or no paycheck.

i have been looking elsewhere, for quite some time and good news, i will be out very shortly. the place was great when i first started, many many years ago. but since a certain call center director took over it has gone to hell.

Have you seen the unemployment figures in the US for the past several years? Anyone who has a job will keep it if he/she knows what he/she is doing. It is not a question of liking the job, it is a question of having a paycheck or no paycheck.

Everyone knows the economy sucks right now, but that doesn't mean you can't look if you hate your job. I don't particularly like MY job, so I'm looking for other work. Why flounder and moan about it when you can stand up and take action?

He will probably have that option after the E* higher ups read the posts. Since they have a presence here now, it probably wont take long.

yeah, those higher ups are on here. nothing new. but they can try to piece every post i have together to figure out who i am, and they wont be able to prove a thing. so no worries. and satelliteguys has in their privacy statement that they will not release my IP unless legally required to by a warrant that i know they wont breach.

i have been looking elsewhere, for quite some time and good news, i will be out very shortly. the place was great when i first started, many many years ago. but since a certain call center director took over it has gone to hell.

That IS good news. I wish you luck in your new endeavors. If I may ask, where are you going?

a job that has nothing to do with television service or a call center. its a completely different field of work. i really do not want to post any details. thanks for the luck.

Hmmmm- gonna change your name, tulsa agent?

Best of luck to you.

BTW, it's been posted a few times here that Dish has moved most of their customer service back here to the states. "All" would be nice. But I can't complain, I've gotten good service. I once even helped an Indian agent by explaining some point or other to her.

Everyone knows the economy sucks right now, but that doesn't mean you can't look if you hate your job. I don't particularly like MY job, so I'm looking for other work. Why flounder and moan about it when you can stand up and take action?

You make a good point. But finding another job is hard.

Agreed. The job market is very competitive right now. The jobs are there, but with so many people vying for it, it's like trying to stand out in a sea of people trying to stand out themselves. Eventually, nobody stands out.

I just remembered reading an article a while back that India/Bangalor is tubing under the mass exodus of call centers returning to their respective countries. Guess corporations are finally getting it. Plus several have experienced Indian Law in regard to fraudulent acquisition of funds through these call centers, that no one will ever get their money back and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. And many supposedly "forthright" organizations are scamming us/their employers and we have no recourse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts