BYUTV on 89W KU went to DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We received an email from a customer not receiving BYU on KU 89w.

Is anyone receiving programming on the G28/89w BYU channel with service name NoAmerica G-28 on transponder frequency 11884 on SID20?

The uplink engineer confirmed that it is there, but we are unable to tune with several STBs and TSReader and PROF card. Not sure how to start trouble shooting this or if there is even a problem.

If you are receiving, please provide the transponder parameters and PIDs.

Thank you!

I recently scanned it in this week, but it never seems to be on during daylight hours. It's not there for me now -- no signal (well, ok...there's a hint of something, since it flashes 7% quality, but it's for all practical purposes unreceivable). The parameters are as you stated: 11884 H 2788 (SID 20). 90 cm dish here.

Pretty strong signal here but no A/V.

11884/H/2788
V4358/ A4359/ P4358

67-70% Q

microHD/90cm Fortec

just heard some weird clicking audio sounds for a few secs.

Seems to be something of a pattern to the clicking audio, it occurs every 3 minutes or so, and lasts for around a minute.

Signal is staying at 67-70%Q, not a hint of video yet.

Thank you! Pretty much confirms what we are finding!

If TS Reader and VLC isn't displaying anything, probably nothing to display (except MIS and VCM)... LOL!

I haven't seen vidio on the BYU Global feed for quite some time. The ASL channel has intermittant programming. They are likely both active during major events like conferences etc.

Problem has been resolved. BYU on G-28 KU is back!

Spoke with the head engineer and they found that the Wegner encryption was accidentally left on.

I learned something new today from the BYU uplink team, Wegner encryption is unlike regular encryption with a flag in the table.

Since there is not any encryption notification flag transmitted, FTA receivers have no way of knowing that the signal is scrambled and only display a blank screen and no audio.

Is this still at the above coordinates, SR, etc? I always have trouble getting S2 signals on my Diamond 9000HD, if anyone could give me the details of exactly what they have in their receiver to pick this up, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!

Is this still at the above coordinates, SR, etc? I always have trouble getting S2 signals on my Diamond 9000HD, if anyone could give me the details of exactly what they have in their receiver to pick this up, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!

Here ya go..

Trans: 11886H
SR:2788
FEC: 4/5
SID: 21
Modulation: DVB-S2 (QPSK)
Resolution: 576i
PID: V5376 / A5377 / P5376

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks. Still having issues with that one, though. I hate my receiver :)

Time for upgrade my friend. There are many choices and folks here can recommend the world to you when it comes to "their" favorite fta receiver.

But you buy what you think its right and convenient for your needs.

Choices are endless..

Azbox
Openbox
X2 Premium
And of course the one the "one" that everyone is gonna throw your way to buy.
The one and only MicrowaveHD :D

I own one and thats the one I used to scoop up the info you wanted on BYUtv.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I hate my receiver :)
I've found lately, if you have good signal on any sat you normally receive well, but the screen is black, simply rescan the transponder and all will be back to normal.

And just get a microHD this week and be done with it. Its price is pocket change! I struggled with my mostly well-operating Openbox S9 which was character building and good training, but after installing the microHD about 2 weeks ago, life is now better, flowers are blooming, and the sun even shines more each day. Spring may have contributed to all of this as well.

Added: For the record, this has NOT been a paid commercial announcement from SatelliteAV.

Last edited:
Trans: 11886H, SR:2788, FEC: 4/5, SID: 21, Modulation: DVB-S2 (QPSK), Resolution: 576i, PID: V5376 / A5377 / P5376
I agree with all except this SID is for the "ASL" BYU channel. I get only video, no audio on that one. My preferred channel is "NoAmerica G-28" BYU with SID=20. V4359 A4360 P4359. Both scan via blind scan.

Added: Just figured it out! ASL means American Sign Language. This channel shows an individual signing for benefit of deaf people. That's probably why audio isn't needed.

I only get a short burst of audio on 5377. Nothing on 5378. Did a rescan and only get the two APIDs. The MicroHD doesn't seem to decode them for some reason. SID-20 has good audio on 4371 (there are many APIDs on this SID)... Both SIDs usually carry the same programming.
I'm only getting 40-50%Q in this TP right now... was snowing heavily a while ago, must be the weather.

Just checked with my home microHD. Confirm that "NoAmerica G-28" with the many audio tracks is coming in fine and all tracks have the audio announcement ID playing for the L/R language selections.

Status
Please reply by conversation.