c and ku on an azbox?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i1ano2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I have just got an azbox, and it is so nice. The Buckeyes looked good in HD, but the Bearcats look really good tonight!
I have a 1 meter ku with an hh motor that I had hooked up to a Mercury II. I have a bud with an actuator hooked up to a Dynamic. Is there a way to slave the AZbox off both receivers? The way I understand it is I have to have 2 seperate boxes to run 2 motorized dishes, I tried to use one box with disasterous results. And, the feeds are on both ku and c band, so is there a way to access both dishes with the Azbox?

If both LNB's are duals, you can hook both up to the azbox. That is what I have. The azbox is a "slave" to the other LNB's I have setup

lets say you have dual LNB's on both

KU output 1------motor---------------------Merc II
KU output 2------------------------diseqc switch port 1--------------azbox
C-Band output---------------------diseqc switch port 2
C-Band output 2---------------------------dynamic

Here is a thread and pic of my setup
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2006035-post14.html

The azbox can see C-Band (99W), 105 KU and a feed off either motorized. So today I was flipping between a game on 99W (ABC HD), a game on 105W, a game on 91W via the 2nd motorized while I was still scanning using the main motorized

another option and I guess it would work is to put a diseqc switch on the loop out of both receivers to the azbox

merc ii loop out-----diseqc 1-----------azbox
dynamic loop out----diseqc 2

then power off the receiver that you want (C or KU) which gives you both polarities....otherwise you only get the same polarity as what the "main" receiver is set to

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts