C band actuator true south position

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
My true south is 79 and i want to view the sats fro 4.0W-139W where should i point my dish and position my actuator.

You probably need a horizon-to-horizon (H-H) mount to go that far.
Even that may be more than a H-H can handle (not sure).

edit:
And be sure to cut down all the trees out to the east ! Maybe west, too! :)

If i can not get a HH mount just for bare basic what would i get at 79W and still be able to get 139W with a 24" actuator.

C band true south setup

i am looking to setup a c band dish with a 24" actuator and my true south is 79W would i still be able to touch 139W.

79 to 139 Is only 60 degrees. You should be able to get that distance without much trouble. GregH

My true south sat is 72w and i can get from 30 west to 135 with a 24" actuator.Since your true south is at 79 i would say you may make it to 139 but then down to 30 may be harder to get.

OK so I was looking at your equipment list in your signature and didn't see a Cband dish listed.

I'm on 79* and I can get 139 to 37 before I run into physical limitations of the polar mount. This is with a 24" SuperJack and VonWeise actuators. I "probably" could modify some stuff and get further back east but I got trees in the way and I've already cut down about 10 going west with my SAMI dish so I won't cut any more.

FYI IMHO 139 isn't worth trying to get unless you're into radio and there's about a thousand of those channels on that satellite. I use 139 more for tuning my dish than for entertainment.

I can move my WSI 6' special with a 24" actuator over 120°. TS =113° 50W-177W Actuator mounted on the west side

on my 10 footers ive had to modify the mounts to get more travel. id say they do about 34 degrees to about 145. actuators on the west side. i had to add approximately 1 foot extensions to the mount ware the actuator attaches. this extension moves the actuator to the west and allows for alot more dish movement east before physical contact between the mount and actuator. ill look for a pic of it.

crackt out,.

With a 24" I can go from 30 to past 130, but have seen dishes that bump the mount at like 50 or so and people have to weld a extension on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)