c-band advice needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I know that some of you out there play with c-band. I have been looking at the list and see alot of good channels not available on KU. Is that correct?
Can a coolsat 5000 pick up c-band with the right dish or do I need to use a c-band specific reciever? If so i just pick up for free a Uniden Video cipher II plus descrambler equipped UST-4400 super. Is this just a piece of junk or did i get lucky? There was a 6ft mesh dish available but i didnt get yet. Also, how difficult would it be to set up? Thanks Jason

I know that some of you out there play with c-band. I have been looking at the list and see alot of good channels not available on KU. Is that correct?
there are different channels on C-Band vs. KU

Can a coolsat 5000 pick up c-band with the right dish or do I need to use a c-band specific reciever?
pretty much all DVB FTA receivers can get C & KU....the 5000 works fine for both

If so i just pick up for free a Uniden Video cipher II plus descrambler equipped UST-4400 super. Is this just a piece of junk or did i get lucky?

its analog only so you can get a few free channels that are analog but not much on it anymore

if the analog receiver you got has motor control built in (don't that that model did) -use the Uniden. If not, there's devices now called V=box that will control a big-dish motor. Check out our dealer/sponsors at the top of the page..

HEY JASONTHEROCK

I have the same exact model that I found at a flea market. It seems to work but I don't have the remote control which has most of the functions on it. I was going to use it to move my dish as turbosat suggested but I'm at a loss.

Is there anyway you can post a good picture of the remote and maybe even the model numbers on the remote so I can do some searches to try to find one?

Thanks!

NEW PROBLEM! I didnt think of asking for the remote! If they still have the remote, I will get it though. Check back with me soon and I will try to get it. Its an old dealer, so they might have two. jason

with most analog boxes a remote is a MUST...unless its already programmed and you slave it to a FTA box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)