100cm c band dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
there is a website www.dishstone.com that sells ku and c band dishes including mesh, multi panel and single panel c band dishes they sell multi panel in sizes of 100, 120, 135, 150, 180, 210 and 240 cm... wait a minute:eek::eek: 3.6 foot c band dish???? i never knew they made such a thing is there any reason to have one? i wouldnt think it could pick up much.
EDIT: I sent the a email asking what it would cost and what the 180 cost too if its cheaper then sadouns 180cm i might jump on it.

C Band 100cm (3.6 feet) satellite dish antenna - 6 Panels​

C180CM-1.gif

C180CM-2.gif

See More Pictures in Gallery ...
Send An Inquiry Now​
red-dot.gif
Specifications ...Panel (Sector Divided) 6 PanelsDiameter(cm)100CMMaterialSteel Finish of reflectorPolyester Powder CoatingAvialable Mount TypePole Mount / Ground Mount Focus Length 68.4 C-BAND Gain @4.0GHz31.1dB +/- 1dB KU-BAND Gain @12.5GHz 41.15dB +/- 1dB Ambient Temperature-40oC ~ +60oCAperture Efficiency>80% Survival Wind180 km/HRelative Humidity0~100% F/D Ratio 0.38Azimute ( [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]o[/FONT] )0?360/0?360

I would never recommend anything under 6' for c-band. there are a select few signals you can get on c-band with a small reflector but with digital, you need the tighter beamwidth for isolation of interference from neighboring satellites.

With DVB S-2 coming up in the future, everybody had better stick to 8' to 10' for their dish size.

As HD on 8psk s-2 comes about it is going to require a cleaner signal that only a larger reflector can produce.

If you do some reading sure folks got stuff on a 1m dish, 84e Primestar dish but its few and far between...seems likie a lot of work for one or two transponders at barely above threshold

As noted above, 6 foot MINIMUM for reliable reception on C-Band

I've got a 1 meter mini set up. But like Ice points out, it's barely above threshold on Galaxy 16 for the nets.

If you've got the dish but need an LNB, they can be had for real cheap on ebay. I got one for $15 shipped just to see if it was doable. If it wasn't, so I spent $15. That's only a 1/4 tank of gas for the car.

would a 6 panel soild 6 footer do better then a winegard? i spoted a winegard 6 0r 8 foot somewhere

There are some pretty cool looking dishes on that website. The mounts appear to be designed for flat roof installations for most of the models. I bet for Ku band they would be fine.

I wish that our favorite sponsors had more dishes like those.

C Band 100cm (3.6 feet) satellite dish antenna - 6 Panels

C180CM-1.gif

C180CM-2.gif

See More Pictures in Gallery ...
Send An Inquiry Now​
red-dot.gif
Specifications ...Panel (Sector Divided) 6 PanelsDiameter(cm)100CMMaterialSteel Finish of reflectorPolyester Powder CoatingAvialable Mount TypePole Mount / Ground Mount Focus Length 68.4 C-BAND Gain @4.0GHz31.1dB +/- 1dB KU-BAND Gain @12.5GHz 41.15dB
I'd use it for a really cool-looking prime-focus Ku dish!:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts