Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
Hi,
I read this forum for few days now. I really want to try this but I still have a lot to learn (everything in fact) :) So sorry if some questions seems stupid... My wife is Mexican and I can see that most of the channels are C-band on SatMex 5 and Solidaridad 2. I dont think I can have anything bigger than 1.5 M here.

Is it possible to put 2 lnbs (C-band and Ku) on the same dish and get good results? The 1.2 or 1.5 M. I know some pros are making experiments here but..

Does the same receiver works for C-band and Ku altogether? (Coolsat for exemple)

thank you

A single reciever can do both C-Band and Ku. You'll need a Diseqc switch to hook up both lnb's at the same time.

As far as "good" results, I'd consider a 1.5 meter dish the very bare minimum for 'real' C-band results. If you have the equipment already, I'd definately recommend you try it. I'd set it up for Ku first, then try adding the C-band lnb on next to it and attempt tuning in C-band stuff. Keep in mind, the offset lnb will require you to move the dish to "see" the satellite your primary Ku lnb is "seeing."

Let us know how it turns out, and welcome to the forums! I'm sure others will have more advice to add once they wake up ;)

Hey thanks.. I read the thread "40" / C-band " its very interesting. I don't have any equipment yet, I want to make sure first what I need. I live in a condo and the dish size is important. (not too big) and I live in Canada so (not too small...) I will try to install a 1.2m (telling the 2 other owners of the condo: hey it will be only 1M...) and start with a Ku lnb.

I want the best of 2 worlds but if I am to get " a bit of 2 worlds" its useless. I will learn to walk first. Is there any spanish speaking channels on ku band?

I was sure about the coolsat but as many.. the review on the pansat 3500 is very interesting too. :)

Spanish ch on ku band :

Azteca 7, Azteca 13, Azteca America from Mexico on IA6

Telemundo on Amc5

Cubavision on Pas9

There are also 3-4 on G10 but I can't lock on them. There is also H1A but the signal is too weak here in Canada.

I get simply Tons of spanish channels on G10. Like, more than 5. Maybe 10-15.
That's using a 76cm dish here in Utah, USA, of course. But a 1.2m with a decent lnb should make up for the location, I would think.

CharredPC said:
I get simply Tons of spanish channels on G10. Like, more than 5. Maybe 10-15.
That's using a 76cm dish here in Utah, USA, of course. But a 1.2m with a decent lnb should make up for the location, I would think.

Some of those are basically the same thing though, right?

timmy1376 said:
Some of those are basically the same thing though, right?

Some, not all. Like the english stations, alot are similar, but appear to be multiple time zones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts