c-band comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have a good one for you guys. Last saturday night me and this girl i have been seeing went out for dinner at chilii's with her friend. We met and got seated.

During the course of conversation her friend says " I got digital cable now and love all the hbo and cinemax channels"...I say " how many do you get?" She says " there are 5 cinemax channels!!!!" wow. LOL

I preceded to tell her about my setup and 4dtv.

My girfriend's friend says " oh yeah...I remember those big dishes, we had one at my parents house and it was a Pain in the ...... because you had to turn this big knob on a box on top of the tv to make the dish move and it never moved to the right spot". "I thought those things didn't work anymore since they are analog".

I told her they were mainly 99% digital now. Modern dish positioner acutators
and controllers are probably much better now than back then not to mention it may not have been installed properly since that was a new technology back then and there are a lot of room for mistakes during installation.

She was quite amazed as my girlfriend told her how stunning the pic quality was on some of the channels.

I wanted to share that experience with some of you fellow guru's.

three points:

1). I thought you had a wife. - :eek: -

2). did you go over to the friend's old house and recover the BUD? - :up - :D

3). sounds like she's confused by the digital cutover for OTA, as are many of the unwashed.

Most people think big dishes are obsolete. I had someone ask me last year when I was going to cut down the big dish. Of course, I was getting ready to put up the Prodelin at the time and I informed them I was about to install another. :eek: They thought I was crazy.

Wait until they see a row of BUDs someday. :D

The popular ones I have heard are, those big black ones still work? I thought those dinosaurs were extinct. I had one of those things, always have to move and wait so long to get your channels so I trashed it. Oh those big analog systems.

Many people do not know 85% of the channels they are watching come from the old dinosaurs in the first place :)

The best one I heard that was those big dishes were illegal because they put out radiation and were harmful to people.

SHHHHHH! We are under contract with HULU!
Well, some of us are. The rest have DDOS style 'bots infecting their C AND Ku boxes..........hehehehehe
You were warned about using that 3rd party FW!

I hear the "Those things dont work anymore." and the like comments all the time. I just smile and say yeah, no much left. I can get it out of your yard you want.

If those big dishes don't work anymore that's news to me. Mine seems to get all kind of stuff LOL :haha

If those big dishes don't work anymore that's news to me. Mine seems to get all kind of stuff LOL :haha
I dont know if any of them have second thoughts, but I grab it and go ASAP, so I dont have to be disappointed if they change their mind.

Most folks don't want to take the time or trouble to setup & install a BUD since the pizza dish boys will set them up for "free". Never mind that you will have to pay for the "free" installation with higher prices, and lackluster customer support. We are each our own customer support, and with a little help from Linuxman, Iceberg, Anole, and others we seems to keep 'em going!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts