C-Band Dieing? Will It Be The End Soon For It

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PaulKinard

Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
i wonder if cband systems will ever become back again to be big as they use to be or am i wasting my time trying to fix this thing. i cant get cable in my area at all i have a drake receiver with a sidecar and a 4dtv i picked up off ebay im not sure how the sidecar works. im triyng to figure that out as i go but we'll see the 4dtv i got off ebay doesnt work at all it has no unit ID

As far as I know, if the 4DTV lost it's unit ID(or it does not match the number on the back), it needs to sent out for repair. Needs to be reprogrammed and new battery, about $200 plus shipping.
Now the Good News!(according to me). With High Def Sports Feeds, C Band is just coming into it's own, well worth the effort. There is plenty up there, and with the Internet and Forums like Sat'Guys, it's easy to find something to watch. You just need a HD DVB reciever, DVB-S2 capable preferred.

i've had enough if anyone wants to buy the receivers i have please message me thank you

Sounds more like you're the one that's lost, not C-Band...??
Don't give up, there's plenty of C-Band, plenty of ku-Band too. Lot's of programming available. Do some upgrading to your system, and you'll be all set.

there is a fair amount of cool stuff on C-Band. The sidecar allows you to subscribe to programming

If the C-Band dish is up and working, get a DVB box (FTA box) and see whats up there.

I bought 2 C-Band dishes a couple years ago because there was lots of stuff I was missing. Best investment I made

C band is going nowhere, it is the broadcast medium that cable, pizza and broadcast tv get there signals from. New stuff is going up every month, some doors close and others open. C band is fantastic, all you need is the right equipment. If you have the dish already your half way there. Spend some $$$ on the new digital technology and you'll see how many doors will open.

a sidecar is usually called a dsr-905 its used together with a analog receiver ( the analog receiver moves the dish as the side car cannot.

it take a littke time and study to get thing straight so being in a rush isn't always the best thing.

like mentioned above the sidecar and the other 4dtv receiver can be used to subscribe to receive channels muct like the DN & DTV subs but usually costing a bit less and usually have a better picture quality.

some also have these receiver with no subscription, they use it to get free channels ( or channels not requiring a subscription).

and IMO c-band using a DVB receiver is the best hobby out there and having KU added to it about doubles the fun ... lots of digital channels to watch ( no HBO's Discovery Channels , ect ) but plenty of other channels out there to find . Just for the sports feeds alone its worth it to me :) i loved being able to watch each game of the collage basketball regional , instead of having to watch what ESPN or CBS only wanted us to watch...... i really hate it when the cut from one game to goto another .... leaving us in the blind on a game we would rather watch.

about the HD receivers , i know that most of the country is going digital in 2009 and all the hype has placed HD at the most important thing to get & have but i can't see it.... i do have a HD receiver but its not hooked up yet waiting on a newer tv. but right now there are not a bunch of HD channels up there yet to warrent the investment yet...(this doesn't count wild feeds)....
Lak7 said:
Now the Good News!(according to me). With High Def Sports Feeds, C Band is just coming into it's own, well worth the effort. There is plenty up there, and with the Internet and Forums like Sat'Guys, it's easy to find something to watch. You just need a HD DVB reciever, DVB-S2 capable preferred.
and i might have to revise my comment after i get my HD receiver hooked up ... :D

a good blind scanning DVB receiver along with you analog receiver (used as the dish mover) would be a good basic setup to enjoy the hobby.

c/ku bands is alive and well . they are always replacing the satellites in the arc. and feeds comes and goes all the time. searching for new stuff is what fta is all about.
fta rules.
john

C-band will never disappear. Too much $$$$$ invested in the infrastucture. It is the "master distribution platform" that has un paralelled rain fade resisitance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)