C-Band Dish: Help Identify & Buttonhook Problem

mmruzek

Original poster
Aug 9, 2023
Michigan USA
Hi, I started in C-Band TV reception about 25 years ago with a used 10' dish. Now I am using the same dish for Hydrogen Line radio astronomy hobby at 1420 MHZ. My feedhorn is a modified coffee can. I was wondering 1st if anyone can identify the brand/make of dish from the photos? Also, the feedhorn mount is a buttonhook style that appears to be rusted-in-place. I tried WD-40, tapping it with a hammer, and a propane torch... no dice. Any suggestions for repair or replacement? Thanks! Michael

Attachments

• dish_1.png
    dish_1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
  • dish_2.png
    dish_2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 107
  • dish_3.png
    dish_3.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 113
Reactions: FTA4PA
Pull the lock bolt. Heat 'er up a bit. Feed it as much blaster as it will take. Tap it with a hammer. Tomorrow do it again. And again like Groundhog Day.
Or take it off the dish and fashion up a tub to put it in and look up "Rusty tank electrolysis" on the 'tube.

Reactions: old satellite guy
.... I tried WD-40, tapping it with a hammer, and a propane torch... no dice. Any suggestions for repair or replacement? Thanks! Michael
I have used PB Blaster with good results on old engines to free up the pistons. Should work on those stuck together tubes. Let it soak for a day or so. Then I would apply maximum torque to twist apart those tubes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts