C band dish Post source

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hi does anyone have an idea on where to obtain steel pipe to mount 6' and 10' dishes? I found 2' pipe at HD but I don't think that is good enough for the 10 footer. I would like to setup my 6 footer this week.

Hi does anyone have an idea on where to obtain steel pipe to mount 6' and 10' dishes? I found 2' pipe at HD but I don't think that is good enough for the 10 footer. I would like to setup my 6 footer this week.
Don't go too small on that pipe. My 8 footer has a base pipe of 5-1/2" OD that changes to a 3-1/2" OD to go into the mount. If I remember correctly(it was installed in 1984)the base has 1-1/2 yards of concrete to keep it in place. Also let that concrete setup for a little while. I sure would not pour on Monday and put a 6 footer on it on Tuesday.

RT.

I found several suitable poles at the "Home Resource Center" A business that sells reusable building/ construction materials.
ie: I found a 21' 4 1/2"OD pipe for my 10' dish. At a metals shop $200 here was $60. Well Drillers may have cheap pieces of well casing. Higher steel content :)

Mine is 3 1/2" od supporting a 7 1/2 foot dish & I picked it up at a well drilling yard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)