ESX741U with 4DTV, possible with HITS? (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATjunk

Apr 11, 2011
Quebec
I'm a kind of newbie on a particular projects. I'm back to BUDs since all FTA funs seam to go C-band, go figure! I'm installing and updating again my tripod mounted 10 foot mesh dish. I've move and will move again, not the BUD this time. I'm hooking it up to a Sling-boxed Coolsat 6000 driving a V-Box X and a new ESX741U. This, instead of the old and noisy California Amp. Lnbs. I'll eventually slave a dsr-410 too.

My question is, Do Galaxy Marketing is mistaking itself by stating this LNB is not 4DTV compatible?

I think I can use it now that 4DTV is only on C-band as Skyvision's HITS is concern.
Can HITS's dsr-410 switch it? If not, it need to be slave nevertheless and to a FTA receiver instead of an analog receiver. Its just a matter of polarity switching technology in that case, isn't?
Is 4DTV's compression worst then before since is now all on the same sat and not use by cable & dss providers? Will it still survive?

PS. Sorry If it been discuss elsewhere. I find the forum hard to search.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
In theory it should work. The only thing that I wonder about is the 741 has a built in Diseqc switch but you should be able to use it.

but you are correct
think I can use it now that 4DTV is only on C-band as Skyvision's HITS is concern.
When they were on X4 (99W KU Band) you couldnt use this LNB

SATjunk

Apr 11, 2011
Quebec
Thanks for your quick answer! I just want to point out that the disq is on the Ku LNB side, from looking at it.

SATjunk

Apr 11, 2011
Quebec
I'll probably bye from FridgeFTA since I'm in Canada. Are they reliable, well establish? They seem to be...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts