C-Band Dish Worth the Investment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The same can be had with C-band.

Do you have any photos of the C-band dish you've spotted?

I did a drive by yesterday and managed to grab a picture. I'm not sure if you can tell much about it, but here it is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 457
There are lots of HD channels. They aren't compressed like the ones on Dish and Direct either, so they look a lot better. :)
Yep! I like finding those random live feeds where the networks don't bother to encrypt the stream so I can see everything 15 seconds a head of all the cable tv provider's delays. Haha!

Like a Producer provides type quality has been held in C Band in the past; KU Band is the same thing. The channel, production, whether live or on tape; is defined; or Produced at a certain bandwidth, with certain multi-video/audio produced qualities such as 480i/p-1080p and Dolby or AAC; all digital. There are others, such as signal qualifiers, or encoded messages to say whether you have enough signal from your dish; where certain continual streams make changes in the bandwidth to keep the lock; or continuing of the "liveness"; as like the NBA did using stepdown to 720p in their live game broadcasts. There is even analog feeds in KU band still; and each band can be either an original broadcast decision or a 24 hr. per day re-broadcast In quality and/or originals. Most US Origination is C Band however; and in English; and with many types of Origination; so too did they choose it for it CONUS of US broadcasting; but for its better because the dish is bigger vs. rain/snow/signal of sun; ingress. The physic's of a microwave require a broadcast to be very weak; un-like a microwave oven basically. This gives the size of the dish possession of a real amplifier in the dishes reflection; unlike KU where the freq. already doubles the amps of the signals; and the dish reflection does very little amplification. In a real green world; a microwave needs to be kept at a low power; where no harm is caused. This is because the terrestrial beams we use for bandwidth; cable cellphones; will CUT your genetics off; basically only if you stand in front of them for a certain period of time...
How does this relate to the OP's question of whether or not a C-band dish is worth getting into?

Reactions: richyrich
That is what my "Industry" is today, a C Band Satellite Dish. As a "Industry", or as a part of the Communication's Industry; these words pretty much describe a very wide range of participation. What a C Band satellite dish does for Free to Air receiver's is a free to air channels list all by itself.
What I use is a C Band dish and it does have value (over $1,000 new for one 10' made in China and Commercially much more); has many uses for FTA enthusiast's; and is used today at many thousands of Studio's and Commercially at the Broadcaster's Studio's; ETC ETC ETC

An Android is a robot; I use mine to control my big ugly dish!

Let's say you want to buy a camera; or number of camera's for your new channel; and you want to broadcast UHD in the US. You have to order the right camera, right? And as a channel, you want everybody to
1) watch only your programs
2) get into the most delivery spots of cable/it/satellite providers; or ability for the most people to see your channel; widest US penetration is called your BASE VIEWER; or viewership during each program (syn./copyright)
3) broadcast in UHD/HD/SD OR LOCALLY (ATSC); then you use and operate a C Band dish today
4) OR IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE HIGHEST DEF. CHANNELS IN YOUR HOME FOR FREE; Free to Air channels broadcast here on a big dish number in the 100's-1,000's.
5) It is like getting a SMOH for your airplane; so you can go where you want, and look for what you want; in FTA modal.

The only thing a big dish does not do is get owned only by the only 2 companies in the US Satellite Bro/d/caster's di345v or dn ... they today sell their own internet device that was better in 1979. And in 1979 the computer could download speed set @50MB via C Band satellite and upload speedset @28.8kB using a normal; old; wired phone. And it worked flawlessly; can you imagine; download speeds compared to the best internet devices today already had been?

And if you pick any fta channel then watch it broadcast any other way. Compare your new C Band dish picture DVB-S2 w/hdmi 2.0 to it side by side. You will see a difference. And then you will know what is better; also.

C Band was released in 1961; Ku Band in 1981 (basic copy at higher freq. caused video inversion).; goes on and on...

Last edited:
Ya, it look's like a mesh; 10'; aluminum. Cost's to cut tree's? Fire prevention? as it would cost around a k for a new one? Or it is still on property you own? C Band does have an android STB w/DVB-S2 to hook-it-up; electrically sensible is still true today; it really works good because it is big.

C Band is high maintenance; but the powers they possess; or what channels it is getting today. Way from here is somewhere else; as they will not allow listing of any c band fta channel here; but other's do; so the value is in what it does have Free to Air.

Who's words are going to be inflamtory. Read what they write here. They are one or more of 2 kinds of satellite dealer's in todays me, me me "little world"; dbs/ku banders/mini-c sellers (and when you call them; they would sell you a new one? From inventory?) BECAUSE THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH ANY OTHER TYPE BROADCASTING COMPANY; and nothing is broadcast free; and the new contract???
why won't they allow posting of ""those channels""? What if you put either of those channels (provided any other way other thanon a local ATSC channel??? put the tv next right next to your c band dish pictures; using same tv/hdtv/uhd?

Would that mean directv or dish network signals are not needed?

Last edited:
CoreyIllini, What you doing over here? Don't you belong back in the Dish section? Move along.
Totally 'off subject' anyway.

Yes, I put one hdtv next to another; in fact many times; and I just cannot get a better quality; in Broadcast TV; via a local antenna is only close; to the pictures I see with my big c band dish. The 10' i am using was one just like that one (mine came with shotgun and firearms target practice problems). All i did was haul it away from the iniment domain law; i wanted it; i asked the owner for it; now i painted metal heavy and repaired the mesh; re-habitate; make modern designs in people back yards with them; and use an android with a dual satellite tuner;the first Client of mine; rickssatellite (Go Fast Motorsports is in 619) is now FTA Satellite TV online guru with feeds info; and the english speaking channel list above is very accurate for c band only (there are many others). You can value that dish when it is yours. Looks like it is over the property line; get it before the city takes it from you like an old car; if it is; and you want it to be yours. My newest pick-up? Winegard 7.5 footer. Flawless even right from the rainforest...

CoreyIllini, What you doing over here? Don't you belong back in the Dish section? Move along.
Totally 'off subject' anyway.
huh didnt know that is how we treat newbies here now.
Corey did nothing wrong. He asked a question. Maybe he didnt know about free to air.

Remember.....not everyone knows about free to air as free to air. Some think FTA means getting Dish and Bell for free (when I started that was what most people knew what FTA meant..thius was late 03 early 04). Or they may not know what it means at all.

WHO7, that does look like a decent dish and looks to be in good shape. I don't know what brand it is from the picture, but I'd get it if you can, it's not one of the bad ones to stay away from.

Question, why don't you guys just get directv or dish? I have dish and love it. What is this ku and cband stuff? Is it the really large dishes i stiIll see from
thirty years ago? Why?

CoreyIllini, you can start a new thread about this and I'm sure a lot of people on here won't mind filling you in about it. Right here in this same forum should be fine, I'd think. :)

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts