C-Band First Try 1.2m Offset here in Wales, UK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm enjoying these reports. Keep them coming!

I enjoy doing them :) C-Band is seemingly doing so good I may actually leave this dish as C only, I originally intended it to become my main KU feedhunting dish but I'm enjoying C so much.

A dish that big , that does so well on c band , would just be wasted on ku for me . Even for multiple ku lnb's , a smaller dish would the job . But I'd sure put it to use on sat's 99w & 91w here .

Yes we have better options with KU here for both feeds and "out of footprint" reception of say beams targeting North Africa and Middle East.

I came to the conclusion after reading German forums about the polariser that it had not been setup in correctly, now seems to be okay also my dad as I've said is better at metal work has fashioned a better simple way to attach the full C band LNB to the LNB arm and now it's increased signal across the board, some by 10%. I've come to the conclusion any home made LNB C-Band collar won't work well so ordered one designed to go with a Gibertini dish from Germany we'll see how it goes..

Gibertini Collar arrived and works well and looks so much better, my dad came up with idea to cut down a plastic plate from an old picnic set and just pop it inside, seems to be no signal loss with it fitted hopefully it'll keep the water out.

Attachments

• Cap 2.jpg
    Cap 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 154
Lookin good. (Envious as to how well it's working for you)
I 'kinda' did the same with a Ku feed. Soda bottle and heat gun to for a weather-bug shield. Doesn't look as neat as your's but does the job.

Lookin good. (Envious as to how well it's working for you)
I 'kinda' did the same with a Ku feed. Soda bottle and heat gun to for a weather-bug shield. Doesn't look as neat as your's but does the job.

As long as it works mate :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)