C-Band /FTA Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coaster555

Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
denver CO
I bought my C band from the guy who writes for satellite magazine and it is a fantastic dish . i bought 4Dtv for it and used it and due to less and less programmings, it sat there and I sold the 4Dtv as I had no use for it . Now trying to set up FTA , I realized I can use my big dish and here are my questions needing your help :

1- To move the dish I am thinking of Nextwave C500 or 600 or maybe G-Box ?
2- Should I go with TC-1000 with S2 or should I go with EZ-Box
3- Looking at back of V-Box 7 , it has one one connection for LNB whereas 4Dtv had 2
one for C and one for KU . My question is what happens to the other F connector
and where does it get connected .
4- Do I have to replace my LNB since it was set up with 4Dtv or will it work with this set up
5- I don't intend to use any subscription materials

Any help is greatly appreciated

Welcome!
Read and read some more. Check out "The List". Read some receiver reviews. FTA rocks, but it will take some effort on your part, as most FTA'ers are by and large self educated.

I bought my C band from the guy who writes for satellite magazine and it is a fantastic dish . i bought 4Dtv for it and used it and due to less and less programmings, it sat there and I sold the 4Dtv as I had no use for it . Now trying to set up FTA , I realized I can use my big dish and here are my questions needing your help :

1- To move the dish I am thinking of Nextwave C500 or 600 or maybe G-Box ?
2- Should I go with TC-1000 with S2 or should I go with EZ-Box
3- Looking at back of V-Box 7 , it has one one connection for LNB whereas 4Dtv had 2
one for C and one for KU . My question is what happens to the other F connector
and where does it get connected .
4- Do I have to replace my LNB since it was set up with 4Dtv or will it work with this set up
5- I don't intend to use any subscription materials

Any help is greatly appreciated
1:I can't help you on the way you'll move your dish, I am using an old analog dish, but any way you can that works should be OK for you.
2: First choice would be the AZbox, if you can afford it, second choice (and the way I went) is the Openbox HD S9.
3: with a disequ switch, connect each to one port, set up your receiver to know which one to use.
4: I ~believe~ the 4d would change the polarity of your LNB, newer receivers use an LNBF instead, they will change the polarity for you, all electronic from the box on both C and Ku.
5: Welcome to the world of FTA, a LOT of us came here from the Dark Side.

As Phottoman suggested the 4DTV will change the skew/polarity for you on an LNB with feedhorn/polarizer. If you use a standard LNB (NOT LNBF) with a feedhorn that requires skew adjustment a GBox or VBox won't be able to do this. If you use an LNBF the voltage to the LNBF changes from 14 to 18 volt to change the polarity of the LNBF and then a GBox or VBox will work.

However, you can continue to use the 4DTV to both move the dish and control polarity/skew, which is what I am doing. Just don't brick it (4DTV) by converting it to a W5 (AMC 18) only receiver. It will control either LNBs or LNBFs.

DRCars

Use a 922 4DTV or the nextwave analog receiver to move the dish. Those G and V boxes typically are not as accurate positioners. An lnbf is easiest to use with a fta box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)