C-Band Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skynyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hello,

I finally got my BUD up, and I was on Galaxy 16 looking at the analog channels. However, yesterday afternoon something strange happened. It seemed like the signal faded out, and the screen turned to a dark snowy picture (It usually shows a light snowy picture when there is nothing on a transponder). I have corrected this several times, but it seems like I always do something diffrent. Sometimes wiggleing the cable in the back of the reciever will fix the problem, and then sometimes tapping on the feedhorn will fix the issue. Sometimes nothing will solve the problem. I first switched out coax cables, thinking that it was a bad cable, but that cable didn't fix the issue either (and I am using the cable that I used to test this reciever on KU right now). I turned the reciever off last night, and turned it back on this morning, and the pictures showed for a short time before it started snowing up/ getting the dark black snowy screen again. Both of my cables are around a 75ft run, so I wasn't sure it it had to do with a long cable run or not. I have a US Electronics LNB on the dish, and a Uniden SQ590 reciever.

By the way, I decided that I would try out my Fortec Lifetime Ultra reciever on this dish. I noticed that the level stayed about 20% no matter if the LNB was hooked up, or if the power was turned on/off on the LNB on the reciever... I know level really isn't important usually, but I thought id mention this.

Anyone got any ideas or suguestions on what I can try to troubleshoot?

As follow up:

I believe I know what may be wrong with my dish. I was looking at the LNB, and noticed that the wire in there looked dirty, and had something hanging from it (thinking that something built a nest in there at one point) I cleaned that wire with a rag, and it seemed like it helped a little, but the picture still got fuzzy and eventually faded out. does anyone have any suguestions on what may need to be done to this LNB to get it back up and working again? should I buy another LNB?

As follow up:

I believe I know what may be wrong with my dish. I was looking at the LNB, and noticed that the wire in there looked dirty, and had something hanging from it (thinking that something built a nest in there at one point) I cleaned that wire with a rag, and it seemed like it helped a little, but the picture still got fuzzy and eventually faded out. does anyone have any suguestions on what may need to be done to this LNB to get it back up and working again? should I buy another LNB?

It sounds like you may have an LNB that is going into oscillation or has a failing voltage regulator...I would swap it and see what happens. I had two Cal Amp Pro II's that did the same thing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts