C Band/KU FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Need some suggestions here..my setup now is a fiberglass 10ft. dish..Eagle-aspen 15k lnb. ( c band only)..Echostar SRD 4000...Coolsat 4000 fta...I have a HF splitter with 1 coax to C band rcvr and the other to my Coolsat..so I'm currently receiving analog C band on the srd 4000 and digital c band on the Coolsat fta..Now,I want to get digital KU on my Coolsat as there seems to be more fta on KU...I was thinking about installing a CKU Lnb DBS621-2 or BSC621-2 ...Would like to get some of the fta stuff on G10......any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks guys..

Last edited:
There are many feeds on both c/ku, how far east and west can you go? a 24" motor is good to see more sats if you can in your location, I would go for a c/ku feedhorn and Norsat lnb's personally, big dish with c/ku is great 4dtv is also a good addition to a big dish.
Good Luck!

Need some suggestions here..my setup now is a fiberglass 10ft. dish..Eagle-aspen 15k lnb. ( c band only)..Echostar SRD 4000...Coolsat 4000 fta...I have a HF splitter with 1 coax to C band rcvr and the other to my Coolsat..so I'm currently receiving analog C band on the srd 4000 and digital c band on the Coolsat fta..Now,I want to get digital KU on my Coolsat as there seems to be more fta on KU...I was thinking about installing a CKU Lnb DBS621-2 or BSC621-2 ...Would like to get some of the fta stuff on G10......any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks guys..

I hear the C / Ku feedhorn units are pricy ? Being cheap , I would be more inclined to try adding a Ku LNBF to the scalar ring ?

Wyr

Thanks for the replys....I quess I'm more concerned about the addition of fta KU to my system ..fta c -band has qiute a few services,however ku fta offers a bit more as I see on Lyngsat,so in the immediate future I'd like to just add the KU fta along with the C-band fta..I'm bit confused on the two LNB's that I'm thinking about purchasing, CKU Lnb DBS621-2 or BSC621-2 but are they what I'm looking for??? Hmmm... Have to do more reading..would like to bring everything in on one coax..then to some kind of switching..disque?? Thanks agn..

There are many feeds on both c/ku, how far east and west can you go? a 24" motor is good to see more sats if you can in your location, I would go for a c/ku feedhorn and Norsat lnb's personally, big dish with c/ku is great 4dtv is also a good addition to a big dish.
Good Luck!

Satellites I receive are 84W to 137W..Had this dish since 1984,when I use to Install c-Band dishes...still love the video quality of analog ..

Satellites I receive are 84W to 137W..Had this dish since 1984,when I use to Install c-Band dishes...still love the video quality of analog ..

I get from 37.5 to 139 there are many great feeds from one end of the arc to the other on both c/ku, I have had my dish for over 20 years and added ku about 8 years ago and I am very happy that I did.

I also have a 1.1 meter Patriot dish just for Ku-band on a Stab HH-120 motor.

If you want to go to a C/Ku LNBF like that, you'd want a BSC621 or a Geosatpro GSL1C/Ku, not the BSC621-2. Reason being the -2 is a universal Ku, so you wouldn't be able to tune analog Ku correctly, some channels would be missing.

bottom line is ..I'm receiving c band digital on my coolsat rcvr ( 5.150)..would like to rcvr 11.7 GHZ mpeg-2 on the coolsat 4000..just confused on whats the best way to do this..

I would look for a corotor II. This is a feedhorn that uses both a c and ku LNB. I use one on my 10' mesh BUD and it works very well for both C and KU band.

I would look for a corotor II. This is a feedhorn that uses both a c and ku LNB. I use one on my 10' mesh BUD and it works very well for both C and KU band.

Thanks for the reply...Do u rcv G10R ku???

would like to bring everything in on one coax..then to some kind of switching..disque??

BSC621-2 has a built in DiSEqC switch
BSC621 has a built in 22KHz switch

Your receiver should have both of these switching options. This allows you to deliver both signals over one coax without buying extra devices. ;o)

BSC621-2 has a built in DiSEqC switch
BSC621 has a built in 22KHz switch

Your receiver should have both of these switching options. This allows you to deliver both signals over one coax without buying extra devices. ;o)

Thanks MrTim...The BSC.. line looks very inviting as I'd only have to use the coax run that's curently in place...If I was to go with the other( corotor 2 )...another run of coax would be installed...so I quess it comes down to preference,as both ways would do the job for me...Just wondering...my eagle-aspen 15K that I'm currently using for c band, should fit the corotor 2 or BSC line if I go that route..then all I would need is just a KU linear lnb..around 0.3db..to complete my install..open to any comments on this..Thanks

Hi Lucky,
Yes I recieve g10R very well with my BUD. I get a higher KU signal off of my BUD than I do off of my 1.2 meter dedicated KU dish.

Thanks for the reply drhydro...That's great..I've had my 10ft fiberglass since 1984 and has standed up extremely well over the years..10ft is the only way to go!! anyway,back to G10r..I'm assuming most services on this bird is Mpeg-2 ??? and vey little analog anymore..This is the reason for me ( after all these years) to finally upgrade my system to digital..Thanks agn.

Unless there is a work around that I am not aware of, using the BSC621-2 has two "minor" issues when using it with a 4DTV receiver/Fortec FTA setup. The BSC621-2 has a built-in DISEqC switch. This "electronic" switch is responsible for switching between Ku and C band

Currently I only use the 4DTV box for analog C-band and my dish mover (will be getting the VBoxII after Christmas). The 4DTV is slaved to my Fortec Ultra FTA receiver. The BSC621-2 works great with the Fortec. Also, if you set the L.O. frequency to the Universal-2 setting, the BSC621-2 can pick up circular polarity to pull in the Dish Network channels that are in the clear (Angel1, NASA, music, etc.).

The BSC621-2 is being controlled by the FTA box; therefore, if I leave the FTA box on a KU channel, I cannot pick up any C-Band analog channels on the 4DTV box. I must first tune the FTA box to a C-ban channel. In addition to this, you will only get the vertical or horizontal c-band channels depending on the polarity of the C-band channel that the FTA box is tuned to. I purchase the BSC621-2 for under $60 from Sadoun. So, for the price for having one lnbf that does just about everything, I don't mind the little quirks that I mentioned above.

Unless there is a work around that I am not aware of, using the BSC621-2 has two "minor" issues when using it with a 4DTV receiver/Fortec FTA setup. The BSC621-2 has a built-in DISEqC switch. This "electronic" switch is responsible for switching between Ku and C band

Currently I only use the 4DTV box for analog C-band and my dish mover (will be getting the VBoxII after Christmas). The 4DTV is slaved to my Fortec Ultra FTA receiver. The BSC621-2 works great with the Fortec. Also, if you set the L.O. frequency to the Universal-2 setting, the BSC621-2 can pick up circular polarity to pull in the Dish Network channels that are in the clear (Angel1, NASA, music, etc.).

The BSC621-2 is being controlled by the FTA box; therefore, if I leave the FTA box on a KU channel, I cannot pick up any C-Band analog channels on the 4DTV box. I must first tune the FTA box to a C-ban channel. In addition to this, you will only get the vertical or horizontal c-band channels depending on the polarity of the C-band channel that the FTA box is tuned to. I purchase the BSC621-2 for under $60 from Sadoun. So, for the price for having one lnbf that does just about everything, I don't mind the little quirks that I mentioned above.

Hmm..Interesting..I'm using my Echostar SRD 4000 to move my 10ft dish and to switch between H/V..I have no interest at this point for 4DTV..just concentrating on Mpeg FTA C band,KU and analog...so I'm still up in the air between the BSC and corotor 2..Thanks

If you only want to have one coax run, just put your diseqc switch inside your feedhorn cover ;-) From what i have read, the corotor does a better job of picking up signals on both c and ku than the "all in one" LNBF's (such as the BSC621) do.

If you only want to have one coax run, just put your diseqc switch inside your feedhorn cover ;-) From what i have read, the corotor does a better job of picking up signals on both c and ku than the "all in one" LNBF's (such as the BSC621) do.

OK..Good info..I currently use the echostar cband rcvr to switch polarity ( H/V) ,receive analog and to move the dish etc...I have a High Freq. splitter from the dish,currently 1 leg goes to the Echostar( DC ) and the other to fta coolsat..Now the arrangement you mentioned,I would activate the diseqc with the coolsat..to switch between c band and Ku..so to activate the diseqc and lnb's ( cband and Ku ) I would have to switch the coax's at the HF splitter...Coolsat would then be DC and the other to the Echostar srd 4000..hope eveyone follows this..LOL..

Just wondering...my eagle-aspen 15K that I'm currently using for c band, should fit the corotor 2 or BSC line if I go that route..then all I would need is just a KU linear lnb..around 0.3db..to complete my install..open to any comments on this..Thanks

BSC621 or BSC621-2 is a LNBF with C-band and Ku band built in.

You are correct. The BSC621-2 is universal and 4DTV lacks the ability to set LO frequencies.

The BSC621 is standard and works well with 4DTV. It has a built in 22KHz switch that can be used to send both bands down a single coax. You can have separate coaxes for C and Ku by not using the switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)