C-Band LNB for an offset view dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
offset c-band lnbf

Yes, there are offset lnbf's for c-band. I know of two companies that sell them. eyeinthesky.net and galaxy-marketing.com sells them. they are .20 degree c-band lnbf for offset dish that does not need a servo motor the are voltage switching 13v-18v polarities. I have ordered two that are on the way. I will let you know how they do. :D

Please post that review if you have it! I am very interested in your findings of this offset lnb for c-band. :)

1.8 Meter offset dish offset lnbf

Well I did get it and its installed, I have suceeded in getting excellent reception on the outdoor channel on galaxy 10-R. I played around with Galaxy 3c at 95 west and got good signal. but I can't seem to get anything on the far west sats like amc-10, galaxy 1, or galaxy 12. I have tried many of the transponders on those sats and I think I have a decent view of the southwest sky. No obstructions I can tell. I am using an offset dish which should have high effieciency.

I have played around with the focal distance and lnbf skew but no luck on the far west ones. My dish has a very nice stainless steel elevation and azimuth scales with accurate pointers. In fact I can use any of those azimuth/elevation programs and point the pointers in the right places and pull g-10 and g-3c right in.

Maybe my dish is too small for the far west sats, I will have to try to play with it more. Does anyone know any good strong transponders on the far west sats that are always on. I have even tried some of the tp's that are major networks such as viacom although I know they are scrambled I should still get a lock on the dvb signals

truckracer - so which LNB did you end up using on your dish? The one you got from eyeinthesky.net or galaxy-marketing.com ? Are these two different products? Or do these two companies sell the same item?

Thank you,
Michael

c-band offset lnbf's

I got the ones from eyeinthesky.net They are good lnbf's (astrotel .20K).
I had them installed wrong and skewed wrong for the sats I was trying to receive. When I did a blind search of G-10R C-band all the transponder polarities were backward. All (H) tp's showed they were (v). I have not had time to correct this and get the proper skew. I will let you know what happens. I think the lnbf's are excellent I just did not know which way was up and down on the skew. They are not marked in anyway to show the "0" degree straight up position. I am used to most lnbf's having marking to show skew. I did look down the feedhorn throat and identify the two probes (one for H and one for V. So I just turned it until one was up and down and one sideways except they are backward.

when I programmed tp frequency and symbol rates from Lyngsat.com, all of my polarities were wrong because of my error and I could not get a signal lock on any tp's from those western sats. If I would have reversed polarities under transponder setup menus, I could have probably got something because my satellite signal meter would jump over in the red moving the dish every 2 degrees, so i was hitting signals, just out of phase ones. I will let you know what happens, I will have time tomorrow to work on this. :)

This thread is old, but is there anyone out there that has the eyeinthesky.net lnb referenced here? I just bought one and after a month of waiting and several unhappy emails, it finally arrived. My question: The website states that there is a dielectric plate installed that is supposed to make the lnb for offest dishes. What I received has no plate in it. Did I just get ripped off or am I wrong?

The plate is used to convert it to receive circular Left/Right signals from Atlantic Satellites.
You will not need it to receive our normal satellites.

What makes it compatible with offset dishes is the conical scalar ring. (The big white thing that looks like a horn). Those are good lnbf's if he is still selling the Astrotel 20 degree.
I used a 6 foot prodelin dish with mine and had great performance with it.
Some satellites (C-band) are not receivable with a 6 foot or smaller dish.
The signal compression or lack of causes the need for a larger reflector to mute out adjacent satellite interference. \

good luck and have fun

The addition of the dielectric plate, makes it receive circular signals.
Their web site (and facts) are wrong.
What you have, should (theoretically) work fine.

What sort of offset dish do you have?
Post some pictures.

The plate is used to convert it to receive circular Left/Right signals from Atlantic Satellites.
You will not need it to receive our normal satellites.

What makes it compatible with offset dishes is the conical scalar ring. (The big white thing that looks like a horn). Those are good lnbf's if he is still selling the Astrotel 20 degree.
I used a 6 foot prodelin dish with mine and had great performance with it.
Some satellites (C-band) are not receivable with a 6 foot or smaller dish.
The signal compression or lack of causes the need for a larger reflector to mute out adjacent satellite interference. \

good luck and have fun

So...did they ship with a flat ring (as pictured on their website) or did you get a conical ring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts